🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The power to question is the basis of all hum...
Page options
artsoulbrother
Community Member

The power to question is the basis of all human progress

Hey all! First off thanks for your time. I've been coding for 15+ years but very new on Upwork. It would be awesome if somework with experience can have a look at my profile. I've been pretty successful here considering all things but I'm curious. Does my profile have way too much information and it's overbearing? I've looked around and seen both "short and sweet" and complex profiles. Any pointers would be wicked!!! I do know about specialized profiles and I will get there but for now here's what I'm working with.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ee261decfadb8c9e?viewMode=1 

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It seems to be working for you, that's what counts. Just one remark: don't end contracts yourself, you need feedback, too many without feedback don't look good on your profile and can be bad for your rating if they are the majority. 

Wow! Totally didn't know or consider that. Legend thank you!

e6333b6b
Community Member

You've got a ton of great keywords in there for your industry which is great! Anyone looking for your services will likely find you.  Now you just need to convince them you're the best dev for the job.

My only suggestion has to do with your intro which is all about you (which is fascinating, by the way.)

I'd suggest you use that golden "above the fold" space to make some bold statements about what you will do for your client. Make it all about them, not you.

Aha! Ya I've been pondering on that space. It took me a good minute to write so I've been reluctant to change it but totally get where you're coming from and thanks for the suggestion! I created this post back in 2020 when I just started and was struggeling but at this point I have little issues getting work nevertheless so much focus on myself is a bit egotistical so focusing on the person that's reading, I can see how it's more important!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths