🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » This site drives me crazy!
Page options
328074f4
Community Member

This site drives me crazy!

A freelancer I hired sent me a file, I saw it and then it disappeared.  This has happened before, as well.  Also, messages I sent to him disappeared.  It's so frustrating!   Can anyone tell me if I may be doing something wrong?  I can't imagine what?  I mean, the message system is pretty straight forward.  So why do my messages just disappear into thin air and why do files he sends me also disappear?  I don't know how this place keeps going if this happens to other people as well.  Please help if you have any suggestions.  

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have hired 178 freelancers through Upwork.

What you are describing does not reflect my personal experience.

Nor does it reflect any experience of any client I have read about in the Forum.

I suspect there is a minor disconnect between your expectations about how the user interface works, and how it actually works. But it is not something that I or most other regular Forum participants will be able to help you with, because the user interface elements you are struggling with now have become second nature to us and we are no longer able to relate to your perspective.

luqman_mak
Community Member

Speaking from a freelancer perspective -
Sometimes the files fail to attach and download too.
To mitigate, once a contract is in place, use any other cloud drive for file sharing in parallel with the Upwork interface. The cloud drive helps with the glitches and the UW sharing helps with disputes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths