cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This time period is now closed to editing. -Manual Entry Enabled ??

jisc123
Justin C Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
1 of 11

Hey there, I am trying to add a manual time entry because I had stopped the clock and forgot to turn it back on.

I have had this issue in the past even though the contract clearly states manual time entry is allowed.

It throws the following error:

This time period is now closed to editing.

What gives?

What is the point of Manual time entry if I cannot even add it??
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 11

Hi Justin Ian Shendle, 

I would just like to clarify if you were trying to add manual time for last week or this week? If it was last week, you had until Monday, at noon UTC to review, add, and/or remove manual time on your Work Diary. 

-Avery
Untitled
04a786c6
Rajesh W Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
3 of 11

I am getting the same message while I am entering the manual hours for this week which started today

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 11

Hello Rajesh,

I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please send us a screenshot of the time you are trying to add? Please note that your previous week's work diary will expire and your new week's work diary will start at 12 noon UTC. Thank you.

Untitled
04a786c6
Rajesh W Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
5 of 11

This is for the job "*** Edited for Community Guidelines ***..." and I am trying to add manual hours of Monday, Feb 19, 2018 and here is the screen shot

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
6 of 11

Hello Rajesh,

Based on the screenshot you have provided, you are trying to add manual time earlier than 12 noon UTC (End of last week's work diary). Please note that your previous week's work diary expired last Monday at 12 noon UTC. Thus, any time you are trying to add manually earlier than 12 noon UTC will be invalid. Thank you.

Untitled
jacob_stucky
Jacob S Member Since: May 29, 2018
7 of 11

I am working on my first job on Upwork, and am having the same problem with the time period being closed to editing.  I am entering my time manually, and waited until Monday (28-May) to enter my time for Sunday (27-May), and the time period was closed.  I was unaware that it would be closed so quickly.  Is there any way to get those hours added to my work diary.

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
8 of 11

Hi Jacob,

You won't be able to add hours to a previous work week that is already closed, however you can reach out to the client about paying you for those hours via a bonus or manual payment.

~Nina
sasomer
Saso M Member Since: Nov 29, 2018
9 of 11

Hey guys. 

I have a huge issue. I have currently 2 clients - projects, where I log time manually. 

As of last week, I can only see and scroll the time between 12:00 am and 1:30 am.

Even worse, I can't even log any time because I get the same message as the guys above. For today, for yesterday, for last week (also tried last week,had issues logging time...).

What gives, how and where do I fix this?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 11

Hi Saso,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS