🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Time tracker related
Page options
arfat-hossen
Community Member

Time tracker related

Hi Upwork Team Here is my question If a freelancer don't work by turning on the tracker during Upwork, how will it work? Could it be that it will track as long as the time tracker is on? Thanks Arfat Hossen
5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arfat,

We always suggest freelancers to use the Upwork Desktop App to track time spent working on Hourly Contracts. As long as the hours you log with the app meet the Hourly Protection criteria, you will be paid for the time you invoice.

For more information about the app, you can check out these helpful articles:

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please reply 

If I keep the time tracker on without doing anything, will the time tracker track the time?

Arfat H wrote:

Please reply 

If I keep the time tracker on without doing anything, will the time tracker track the time?

It will track time, but no activity, which the client is able to see in your time-log. 

Well.... If you leave the time-tracker on without any activity at all it will just turn off automatically.

Doesn't take too long for that to happen. Maybe ten minutes.

The time-tracker can keep going if activity is very low. But no activity at all? It just stops, and the client would see the same thing as the freelancer: No time tracked.

You CAN stay logged in to the Time Tracker, however.  I never log out.  Just turn it on when you start work on a particular contract and off when you're done.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths