cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracker using desktop app on chromebook

caitlinmoen22
Caitlin M Member Since: Jun 14, 2021
1 of 8

Good morning, I have always tracked my time manually and my client requested me to do the auto time. I downloaded the app in the google store on my chrome book. Your instructions say there is a toggle and I am not seeing that. I also tried deleting the app and redownloading it and that did not make a difference. Help?

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
2 of 8

Hi Caitlin,

I'm afraid that the Desktop App is not supported by Chromebooks at this time. The app is only available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, you've probably downloaded the one that's used to browse Upwork instead. As a reminder, manual time does not qualify for payment protection.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this can cause you and your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
caitlinmoen22
3 of 8
I also downloaded the app on my phone. (Apple iPhone) is there a way to do auto time tracker on that?

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4 of 8

Hi Caitlin,

The Desktop App is available for Mac OS but not for mobile devices. Sorry for any inconvenience this could cause you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
caitlinmoen22
5 of 8

How do you suggest that I do the auto time tracker then?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
6 of 8

Hi Caitlin,

Your tracker should work well in the operating systems listed in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
caitlinmoen22
7 of 8
But I only have a chromebook. Will you be getting a app for that system?
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
8 of 8

Caitlin, we aren't aware of any plans to add this feature at the moment. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

~Andrea
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS