🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Time tracker when not working on computer
Page options
chombeau
Community Member

Time tracker when not working on computer

Ok, I'm new on this, and I dl the app. I've got a contract that will be paid by hours, but half of the work will be hand made. So when activating time tracker, technically speaking, nothing happens 'cause I'm painting away. The only time that time tracker actually records something is when the finished illustration is scanned and sent. I understand that I can add time manually, but, there's no way to track time, not recording the screen for a full day and just keeping track of time?

Note from time to time I'm exchanging messages with my client, so that is the only thing actually being recorded.

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Victor Manuel,

You may still track time like this if it will help you keep track of how many hours you're working. If you go to Settings in your Desktop App you can also find an option for the tracker to take camera shots as well as screenshots. If you can set up your camera to focus on your work in progress, this may be useful to you. 

Please consider that manual time is not covered by Hourly Protection, as well as time segments that are idle, empty, or missing memos. Please check this help article on Hourly Protection.

Hope this information is helpful, let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

The time-tracker is only intended for use while actively working on the computer.

It can not be used when away from the computer.

For such work, freelancers use manually logged time or fixed-price contracts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths