🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Time tracking before Upwork Desktop App was a...
Page options
0d1b5887
Community Member

Time tracking before Upwork Desktop App was actually installed

Hi! I'm new on Upwork and started working straightaway after sign-up. Then I found that I need Upwork Desktop App, to track hours. I've already done a 15-hours-task without tracking, how to deal with such cases?

4 REPLIES 4
masud669
Community Member

Hello Tetiana,
Congratulation! You should install desktop time tracker apps first and do work for the clients. Please download the Time tracker apps and then run it as per your agreement.
Thanks.

But what should I do with those hours to not lose them?? hard work was done..

If you have not delivered the work yet, Then run the time tracker, or you can explain to your client about the issues, By any chance If he's asking.

Hi Tetiana, 

We suggest that you communicate with your client and discuss adding manual time for the hours you have worked so that you can be paid automatically for this project. Please take note that manual time is not covered by the Upwork Payment Protection Program for the Hourly contracts. We highly recommend that you log time with the Upwork Desktop App on future hourly contracts.

Additionally, another option is to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths