🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Timer Diary for iPad?
Page options
wildjinjer
Community Member

Timer Diary for iPad?

Hi! I'm new to Upwork, and actually just submitte dmy first hourly contract! I;m disappointed that I wasn't able to use the Time Diary-- as an illustrator, I use Procreate on my iPad way more than I use Photoshop on the desktop.Does anyone know if Upwork is planning to add a time diary App for tablets?

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Jinjer,

We appreciate your suggestion. Currently, time tracking isn't available on the Upwork Mobile App and we don't have any information about when it may be introduced. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
atachristine
Community Member

Hi Jinjer, I have been illustrating with Procreate for a while now for working in UpWork, and all my clients use hourly contracts with me. This is possible because I'm able to wirelessly project my iPad screen to my PC desktop, therefore when I turn on the Upwork Time Tracker, it can capture what I'm doing on my iPad (see what it looks like below). You can achieve this by downloading software such as Lonely Screen (what I use), Reflector 3 (If you have Google Home or Airplay connected devices) and there is also a free one called 5kplayer. They're all compatible with Mac too.  

I hope this helps! Cause I had the same predicament in the beginning.

Thanks for the amazing tip Renata, that's a great workaround! - I often complete 6 hr + projects on procreate and have been setting Fixed Rate due to not having hourly protection, I've been losing money. This will change EVERYTHING.

Yeah, you're welcome! I hope this method works well for your next project 🙂

How does Lonely Screen work with tracking the number of clicks? Do you click your computer mouse every ten minutes? And have you run in to any problems with client's seeing no activity besides the screenshots?

Hi Courtney, 

Unfortunately, Lonely Screen can't help with tracking our pen strokes on our iPad. So far my clients don't pay much attention to the click activity, as long as each screenshot of my diary shows progress. 

Hi, Renata.

Thank you for the very useful information.

May I ask where I can find the Lonely Screen and 5kplayer app? I just want to avoid downloading from unreliable websites.

Thank you in advance.

calebjob
Community Member

Hello Jinjer M,
I think time tracking is not available on the Upwork Mobile App. And, If anything changes in this area, Please inform or message me...
Thanks & Regards!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths