🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Timetracker app is stopping shutdown of my la...
Page options
doro287
Community Member

Timetracker app is stopping shutdown of my laptop

I only joined a week ago but I'm getting edgy about the Timetracker app. I installed it on Monday and it was working (although I didn't need to use it except to access Messages), but when I tried to shut the laptop down at the end of the day, it wouldn't complete the shutdown process - there was an error message saying that it was waiting for the Upwork app to close. Nothing happened after an hour or so and it didn't seem to be active (according to the Task Manager applications log) so I did a 'force shutdown' and yesterday morning the app wouldn't open. I had to completely reinstall it. I was too nervous to shut the computer down last night so I just 'put it into sleep mode', but I don't want to do that every night. Did I install it incorrectly/am I doing something wrong? I want to be perfectly sure that everything's set to record my time when/if I win a contract.

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dorothy,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please try removing the 'Upwork' folder and try restarting or installing the app to see if that helps with the shutdown? If it's not helping, please let us know and share your OS version so we can assist you further.

You can find the folder here:

• For Windows: %USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Upwork
  • For Mac: ~/Library/“Application Support”/Upwork
  • For Linux: ~/.Upwork

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths