🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tips for finding that first job
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,774 REPLIES 1,774

Hi Delwar,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!
~ Joanne
Upwork
0414967a
Community Member

Hello Everyone

I have 19 years of experience in IT Project management. Am PMP, ITIL and SCRUM certified. Wanted to start upwork.

Have tried to build my profile here.

Wanted to request to review my profile and provide feedback!!

Thanks

Darshan

2a8e029f
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to get my first job in Data entry and Lead generation. I have years of experience in this field.

894fb2a9
Community Member

Hi,

I am Ghulam Mustafa here on upwork new and I have applied for more than 7 jobs and I have still not engaged in any interview or not a job.

Plz, help me with how to be hired.

Cheers,

Seven proposals is nothing. You will have to send many more.

In your presentation you are missing the first two lines with information that the client can already see. Those two lines are the only thing the client sees without opening your profile, you must sell yourself there.

Hi, Plz guide me more in the first two lines of what I write for a catchy look.

Thanks,

Go through Academia, in the forum header. You can also look, just look not copy, successful profiles of other freelancers in your field.

Hello Maria, 

Yes i do and i am working and implementing the stratigies 

Hey guys can someone help and guide me to get my first job, thanks a lot.

615daacf
Community Member

But I have no better skill 

You should still finish your studies. To find out how this works, you can read the original post, there they give you links to learn it.

2811cc8b
Community Member

How can I make the cover letter 

Academia in the header of forum.

192c3e0d
Community Member

Please support me as a GMB listing SEO

Thank a lot

804a83f9
Community Member

1. Set your expectations.
    2.Network with peers.
    3.Consider a job for the experience.
    4.Write a resume.
    5.Search for a job.
     6.Preparefor the interview.
    7.Dress appropriately.
    8.Follow up after the interview
ff50a72e
Community Member

Hi, I am a digital marketer. I want a marketing and sales job. I have no experience yet, but if u give me work I will give u 100%.

Without experience you will do little here. Finish your studies. Clients look for someone to do a job for them, they don't pay for you to learn.

7cc9d2d2
Community Member

Hello everyone , 

I have just signed up on upwork and was previously working on another platforms , iam really excited to start work here , How i can get my first job here as i am new on this platform . Please help !

Have you read the main post?

14d40e15
Community Member

I am graphic designer need first job.

The photo must be of you. Your profile is nothing now, have you read the main post?

5d31515f
Community Member

I'm new here, please I need help.

9daad276
Community Member

I am new on upwork. I just want to achieve first job please help me

shhnam
Community Member

I need your help for project anyone have a project I will do honestly. 

8a3677d6
Community Member

yes I am available?

Yes, i am available
e444ccde
Community Member

Good day, I am a newbie here

please help me

da7d5f74
Community Member

hello Am a new freelancer on Upwork, I joined weeks ago but didn't get a job and am really qualified, what I can I do to get a job quickly on up work? are there any techniques I can use? I have experience with walmart.com.  

435b9f8f
Community Member

Hello.
I want to get feedback about my profile.
Thank you.
hiten79
Community Member

hello: please help me how to get first job on upwork

5da1de35
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me to get clients?  My efforts were very hard, but no result was achieved. Please help me, I am very grateful.

Hello Gohar

What kind of help are you looking for?

Hi Gohar,

Here are some tips on how to get started on Upwork:
  • Complete your profile: Take time to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and your skills. This will help clients find you and determine if you're a good fit for their projects.
  • Add your portfolio to your Upwork profile: If you have work samples and past projects, add them to your Upwork portfolio. It gives clients an idea of your skills and experience.
  • Propose your services: Browse through the projects in the marketplace and apply for projects that interest you and align with your skills. Your proposal should include your experience and skills and why you're a good fit for the project.
Check out these Upwork Academy courses to kickstart your journey:
Remember that getting hired as a freelancer on Upwork can be competitive, so it’s important to have a strong profile and portfolio and submit well-written proposals.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
88396c1a
Community Member

Hello!
I would like to receive **Edited for Community Guidelines** on my profile.

Thank you.

601e024c
Community Member

please i really need help on how to get my first job on upwork as a Graphics Designer.and am new here .Thanks 

ae3a81b0
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello! I'm Alondra, and I would like to receive feedback on my profile. I'm just getting to know the platform! Thank you very much.

Community Member

How we can win the work fast?

Nimrose Aslam
804a83f9
Community Member

How do you motivate your employees??

I have no employees, I am a freelancer

Nimrose Aslam
ahmadhassan71
Community Member

I make an Upwork profile 2 years ago but I was not active.
Now I'm active and sending proposals and purchases plus connect account.
I had almost sent 25-30 proposals and got 3 responses and got 2 invites but was not able to convert them into orders.

Please suggest to me why I'm not getting profile views and responses from proposals.

I have 2 question

I'm not getting profile views because of an old account.?

Is it going right?

I am sharing the states 

Link of profile.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/childrenbookillustrator

ahmadhassan71_0-1683825061144.png

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English
Featured Topics
Learning Paths