🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tips for sending Proposals.
Page options
d_gola
Community Member

Tips for sending Proposals.

Hi ,

I Am new to Upwork and looking if someone can look at my profile and suggest which should be changed. Since I am submitting proposals and not getting any response. My profile views are zero till now.

Also, if someone can guide me on how to frame a nice proposal which catches attention.

https://www.upwork.com/fl/deepaligola

Regards

Deepali

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deepali,

Thanks for your message. I've reviewed your profile and have some suggestions.

For your Title, create a focused title that describes your expertise and indicates the type of projects you’re looking for to help readers understand what you do. The more precise you can be in your title about the services you offer, the more likely it is to catch the attention of businesses that need your particular expertise. 

You're off to a good start with your profile Overview. One thing to keep in mind is that the beginning of your profile Overview displays in prospective client search results. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skillsets and expertise. You do have some of that now, but you may wish to add a little spark knowing that this may be all a client sees. This is your chance to entice them to click through to your profile.

A good way to show clients that you’re experienced and reliable can be to include testimonials that vouch for your background and professionalism. This can include testimonials from a former boss, coworker, or client — but you can also use former professors, teachers, or classmates as references. However, any testimonials should be relevant to the type of projects you’re looking for. Especially if you’re new to Upwork and don’t have work history on the site yet, illustrating your expertise through quotes from previous experiences can be a powerful tool.

I'd also suggest improving some of your portfolio images. Some of them are screenshots that include images of your whole computer screen. You may want to refine those images to only show the desired content.

Here are a couple of pertinent articles that I suggest you review:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deepali,

Thanks for your message. I've reviewed your profile and have some suggestions.

For your Title, create a focused title that describes your expertise and indicates the type of projects you’re looking for to help readers understand what you do. The more precise you can be in your title about the services you offer, the more likely it is to catch the attention of businesses that need your particular expertise. 

You're off to a good start with your profile Overview. One thing to keep in mind is that the beginning of your profile Overview displays in prospective client search results. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skillsets and expertise. You do have some of that now, but you may wish to add a little spark knowing that this may be all a client sees. This is your chance to entice them to click through to your profile.

A good way to show clients that you’re experienced and reliable can be to include testimonials that vouch for your background and professionalism. This can include testimonials from a former boss, coworker, or client — but you can also use former professors, teachers, or classmates as references. However, any testimonials should be relevant to the type of projects you’re looking for. Especially if you’re new to Upwork and don’t have work history on the site yet, illustrating your expertise through quotes from previous experiences can be a powerful tool.

I'd also suggest improving some of your portfolio images. Some of them are screenshots that include images of your whole computer screen. You may want to refine those images to only show the desired content.

Here are a couple of pertinent articles that I suggest you review:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths