Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team

Highlighted
Gail D Member Since: Aug 6, 2020
31 of 113

Hi Mike-

I added a specialized profile. Do I need to redo my Admin profile to Administrative Assistant work only?  I have many questions - can I work one on one with someone for guidance in creating this?  Do I post a job on Upwork to do so?

Gail

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
32 of 113

Hi Gail,

The general (default profile) will be labeled "All Work" and will be a general introduction to the services you offer. Then you have your specialized profiles that focus on specific skills. So, yes, I would suggest creating a second specialized profile for admin support work. Also, don't forget to click "Publish" on your specialized profile once you have it how you want it (though it can be edited at any time).

While you certainly can create a client account and hire someone to assist you, the Community has a wealth of information. If you don't find the answers you're looking for when searching, don't hesitate to make a post asking for help or suggestions. We have a dedicated team as well as numerous freelancers who are ready and excited to help!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Elis B Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
33 of 113
As a new user of Upwork, I often post articles on the forum and thank you that for new members they are very helpful.

The theme treated here is interesting.

I also have a profile with different skills, Architecture & Brand Design Identity.
I am a professional who has been doing both for years but here I doubt that perhaps it is one of the reasons why I still do not have any "interview" for about 30 proposals I made in a month. All proposals are written seriously on the work offered, and prices in the lower part.

By now I have also made an offer for the first three jobs that I will do, but I wonder if, in the long run, it is better to keep two profiles that do not belong to the same main supply chain.
Thanks
Highlighted
Upwork Staff
34 of 113

Hi Elis,

Thank you for your message. It's ultimately up to you if you want to continue to offer both services on Upwork, but you're using the Specialized Profiles correctly. I do have a couple of suggestions for improvement of your profile

The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise. To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I'd also suggest you check out these articles:

I hope this helps!

Best,
Highlighted
Elis B Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
35 of 113

Thank you for your time and advice!

Highlighted
Imad S Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
36 of 113

Hi Mike,

Can you please check my profile? My profile hasnt been discovered for a single time.  

Where I have to be more accurate?

Requesting your kind feedback.

Regards,

Imad

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
37 of 113

Hi Imad,

Thank you for your message! I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• Consider adding details about the types of projects you've completed to your profile Overview. You don't provide any real concrete examples of your experience.
  • In the same vein, I suggest adding samples of your work to the portfolio. Ensure you have the client's permission.
  • Your written English skills are strong and you are easy to understand. However, I did see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly (from Grammarly.com). I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

I also suggest you check out this short list of articles I curated just for you:

I hope this helps!

Best,
Highlighted
Imad S Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
38 of 113
Thanks a lot Mike.
Highlighted
Fouzia F Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
39 of 113

Hello,

I am new to this platform. Although I have joined upwork 4 years before but started working on it now. Could you please review my profile? I have no idea how to get an order. I am reading all tips. Hopefully i can get soon.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
40 of 113

Hi Fouzia,

Your profile is off to a great start. You did a good job outlining your services in the beginning of the Overview. This is important as this is the text that shows in search results. I provided a couple of suggestions below:

• Consider updating your Title to be descriptive about the services you offer rather than trying to list every skill you have.
  • Your written English skills are strong and you are easy to understand. However, I did see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly (from Grammarly.com). I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

Here are some articles that I think might be of interest to you:

I hope this helps!

Best,