Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
51 of 118

Hi Bijaya,

Thank you for your message. How may I assist you?

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Bobbie F Member Since: Aug 17, 2020
52 of 118

could you tell me how i can upload my illustrations onto my computer 

thank you

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
53 of 118

Hi Bobbie,

Could you elaborate a little on what you are trying to do?

Best,
Highlighted
Mbotidem E Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
54 of 118
Thank you for such a great info.
Highlighted
Glad P Member Since: Aug 29, 2020
55 of 118

How do I browse other freelancers in my field to see how they structure their fees?  Trying to decide how much to charge by the hour, by the word or page?

Highlighted
John F Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
56 of 118
I believe there are a number of ways. This is the way that I do it:

1. In the Upwork App, click Find Work.
2. At the very top of the screen is the "Upwork" sign. Just to the right of the sign is a box with the search logo. Faded in the background are the words "Find work".
3. You will see an arrow pointing down in this box.
4. Select this arrow and then click "Freelancers & Agencies".
5. Press the Enter key.
6. A new search box will appear below the top of the page that has the Upwork logo.
7. In the search box, enter the job description that you wish to compare such as "Multifamily Financial Analyst", "Social Media Marketing", etc.
8. You will then see the profiles and hourly rates of freelancers that match your specialty.

Regards,
John " Jack " Feehan
Highlighted
Pat S Member Since: May 18, 2018
57 of 118

Thanks for this helpful intro, Mike. I am actually not new to Upwork. I started with both oDesk and Elance in 2014, so I pre-date the merge! 

I have had a great deal of success finding work on another site, but I check back here once in a while. My freelance editing business has been full time for the past two years, and I earn about $30K a year. So even though I haven't been on Upwork recently, I do know the ropes. 

I do have an issue with the way the job success score is calculated, though. As a seasoned freelance editor, I do have a respectable amount of repeat business, but if I had secured all my jobs here on Upwork, the percentage of ongoing and repeat clients would appear small. Why? Most of my work is on manuscripts and dissertations; most of those authors and doctoral candidates do not turn right around and write another book or another dissertation! I could give other reasons why my particular line of work does not lend itself to ongoing or repeat business. So I feel it is unfair to have this factor figure so prominently in the way the success score is calculated. 

Also, as I have seen from other posts, not everyone leaves feedback. It's been my experience that my most significant clients are often the ones who are the least likely to follow through with feedback! I know they have been very happy with our partnership, but for some reason, this is a hurdle for them. So again, allowing this factor to figure so prominently in the way the score is calculated seems somewhat unfair. 

Once when I had had just come back to the site, my score apparently jumped higher as soon as I came back. But this time, when in the process of writing bids, I only see on the bid page that I don't 'qualify' because my score is less than 90. But try as I might (go to my profile, ask questions, open a chat, etc.) I can't even find what my score is or where it is posted. Why is it so hard to find? 

The jobs that show up here in my history are from the earliest days of my business, when I was willing to work for pennies, just to get started. I am in a very different place now, after having a lot of success and more than 2500 hours of service to clients in the last two years. But anyone who goes to my profile sees '34 hours' and all those penny jobs. The few reviews that have been left have been positive, but when you post that no review has been left after a job, that makes us look bad! Why not just list the review that have been written? 

I'd also like to know how our score is 'calculated' (in quotes) after we have been inactive for a significant period of time. 

I'm in the process of rebuilding my portfolio here - another factor that has changed significantly since I was last active here on Upwork. But I'm in the process of securing permissions, and it will take time. 

Please tell me where I can find my score and how it is calculated after a period of inactivity. Any other tips you could offer re ways I could configure my profile to more accurately reflect my value and level of experience would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and reply. 

Pat 

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
58 of 118

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding getting client feedback, we suggest asking clients to end the contract when the work is complete. Ending the contract will require the client to leave feedback.

The Job Success Score (JSS) can be found on the My Stats page (Find Work > My Stats) or on the Profile. That said, you do not currently have a Job Success Score. The JSS is only calculated based on projects completed in the last two years. As you have not completed any projects in the last two years, you do not currently qualify for a JSS. You can learn more about the JSS and how it's calculated in this help article.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Highlighted
Vaishali J Member Since: Sep 3, 2020
59 of 118
Hi Sir !
Unable to crack my very 1st project.
Can I get your help on it please.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Upwork Staff
60 of 118

Hello Vaishali,

It doesn't look like you have completed your profile yet. Please log in to your account and complete your profile.

Best,