Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
81 of 118

Hi Katte,

Thank you for your message. It's okay that you don't have a lot of experience. I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. 
  • Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. 
  • Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools. 
  • If possible, add more examples to your portfolio. This helps a lot when you don't have paid work experience to share. 

To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Ketevani S Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
82 of 118

This is really helpful, Thanks a lot!

Mike, can you also take a look to my profile? I would like to know how I can improve it

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
83 of 118

Hi Ketevani,

Thank you for your message. I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• Update your title to be descriptive about the services you offer rather than trying to list every skill you have.
  • The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise, not just quality adjectives about your work ethic.
  • Some special characters are not displaying right in your profile. You may have copy and pasted the text. Make sure to carefully proofread your Overview before posting and do a spot check after posting.

To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Highlighted
Ketevani S Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
84 of 118

Thanks a lot! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Rajesh M Member Since: Sep 8, 2020
85 of 118

Hi Mike,

Thanks for great guidance for the new users in Upwork. I am active for almost two months and my profile is 100 percent and public. I have almost submitted 15-16 proposals in which I was confident to complete on time. But till date, no invitation received so far. Although I will keep on posting my the proposals but need an expert advise from you.

Thanks

Rajesh M   

Highlighted
Narayan Member Since: Aug 3, 2020
86 of 118

Hello Rajesh,

I checked out your profile and according to me you should focus on the following:

1. Write a better overview for your profile.

2. Add some more contents in your portfolio.

3. Write project dedicated cover letter for each project and DO NOT use a template.

4. Lastly, my personal tip: Only bid on those project where the bid numer is low, else you won't be able to compete the vast experienced majority.

I too walked on the same path as you and by following the above tips I've managed to win some jobs and have started my Upwork career.

Regards,

Har**bleep**

Highlighted
87 of 118

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions and will do necessary changes in my profile and
put better work sample for the portfolio. In the meantime, please clarify
my confusion that as my id is **Edited for Community Guidelines** but my name is Rajesh M.
Does it creates any confusion for the prospective clients regarding Id and
user name.
Thanks
Regards
Rajesh

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
88 of 118

Hi Rajesh,

The client cannot see your username, they will only see your real name.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Highlighted
89 of 118

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Anyways one more query how to achieve the Rising Talent badge. I have cleared the Upwork readiness test. Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh M

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
90 of 118

Hi Rajesh,

I checked and it looks like you completed Upwork Readiness Test just recently. Please note that once you complete the Upwork Readiness test successfully and meet all the other requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours. Let us know if you need our further assistance after 48 hours period is passed.

~ Nikola

Untitled