cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team

Therese K Member Since: Dec 22, 2020
11 of 177
Dear Mike,

Thanks for the sincere interest to help new freelancers like me.
Can you please have a review about my profile and help me with any thing lacking?
Am still struggling to get my first job.

Kind wishes,
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
12 of 177

Hi Therese,

Thank you for your message! I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Therefore, consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. 

• Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. 
    • Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. 
    • Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools. 
    • If appropriate, let your personality shine through (include some excitement), and show your qualities and praise the work you do, instead of focusing on yourself.
    • Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values (e.g. I believe in strong communications or thorough upfront planning), industries or lines of businesses you have worked in before, and the types of clients you have worked with before (start-ups, solo entrepreneurs, large businesses, etc.). 
  • Your written English skills are strong and you are easy to understand. However, I did see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly. I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Therese K Member Since: Dec 22, 2020
13 of 177
Dear Mike,

Thanks for the useful tips.
This will help.I will take into consideration all the points you have enumerated and redraft my profile. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Sohaib H Member Since: Sep 13, 2020
14 of 177

HI Mike,

Can you check my profile and recommend changes if any to win contracts.

Upwork Staff
15 of 177

Hi Sohaib,

Thank you for your message. I reviewed your profile and see that it is largely just a list. While bulleted lists can help to organize an Overview, using only a list makes your profile overview difficult to quickly scan and understand what your primary services and experiences are. It might help to organize it with paragraphs: for example, have your introduction paragraph, a separate paragraph for skills, and one for experience. Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Use caution with adding lists of skills with few to no related work examples because clients may question the sincerity of your skills list.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Sayyam A Member Since: Oct 24, 2020
16 of 177

Can you please review my profile and suggest me about the title and overview of my profile?

Upwork Staff
17 of 177

Hi Sayyam,

Your profile is off to a good start, but I would suggest requesting peer feedback in this post.

Best,
Md Rakib H Member Since: Jan 17, 2018
18 of 177

Hi Mike J, I want you to review my profile as well. And let me know if needs to fix any error you find.

Thanks

Rakib

Upwork Staff
19 of 177

Hi Rakib,

I have reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• Your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Therefore, consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. 

• Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. 
    • Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. 
    • Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools. 
    • If appropriate, let your personality shine through (include some excitement), and show your qualities and praise the work you do, instead of focusing on yourself.
    • Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values (e.g. I believe in strong communications or thorough upfront planning), industries or lines of businesses you have worked in before, and the types of clients you have worked with before (start-ups, solo entrepreneurs, large businesses, etc.).
  • Your written English skills are strong and you are easy to understand. However, I did see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly. I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Usman K Member Since: Dec 22, 2020
20 of 177

Hello Mike,

I need your help in setting profile and getting more jobs by proposals.

Regards,

Usman **Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS