cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team

Fouzia F Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
51 of 177
Hello, Thank you for your tips. I will definitely work on it.
Tia W Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
52 of 177

Hi Mike! 

Thank you for the valuable insight! I'm a new member to Upwork and i'm currently trying to do my research before i start submitting proposals. 

Would you be available to assist further in anyway? if so, feel free to contact me privately. 

Thank you. 

Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
53 of 177

Hi Tia,

I will send you a private message.

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Naureen Z Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
54 of 177

Mike you made my life easy I am newbie and I need to know all the things, thanks man

Grant v Member Since: Feb 14, 2017
55 of 177

Hi Mike,

I've been on upwork for a little while now, and have gone through the steps you have outlined in your post.  I'm sure that my concerns are not new, but I am a little confused as to how to get traction.  I routinely submit proposals (almost daily) and have updated my terms to remain competitive.  Yet I fail to get invites, my profile is never viewed, and my proposals go unanswered.  While I don't expect that every thing I submit would be accepted, I do find it interesting that my success ratte for some time has been a big zero.  I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong?

Upwork Staff
56 of 177

Hi Grant,

I responded to your private message with some feedback on your profile. It's important to understand that competition is fierce on Upwork. It is common to submit a great number of proposals. The average varies widely based upon a number of factors and tends to decrease as a freelancer earns experience (both because the experience is showcased and because you learn over time which projects to pick and which approaches work best). You are currently doing better than the average!

I did review your proposals and have some suggestions.

• Your cover letters are very short. Considering expanding them to include information on your background and related experiences.
  • Add a salutation or greeting to the client and thank the client for taking the time to review your proposal. This demonstrates professionalism and courtesy.

I also noticed you have a large number of contracts where feedback was not given. I would suggest asking your clients to close contracts, rather than closing them yourself, so that they are required to leave feedback. This will give prospective clients more confidence in your abilities.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Bijaya Kumar R Member Since: Aug 2, 2020
57 of 177

Hello sir, I need your support. Could you please assist me?

Rufaro L N Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
58 of 177

Greetings Bijaya,

How are you doing?

Yes sure, feel free.

What can I do to assist?

KInd Regards

Rufaro

Rufaro L N Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
59 of 177

Please feel free to reach me via private message.

Upwork Staff
60 of 177

Hi Bijaya,

Thank you for your message. How may I assist you?

Best,
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS