cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Wendy L Member Since: Oct 3, 2016
21 of 76

Thank you for the information.  Just today I was invited for an interview and they had links to redirect me etc and I got to the Google site myself.  Ended up having the interview and they were pretending to be a very large placement agency.  At the end they were giving me the laptop, printer and scanner but I had to purchase the software and they would reimburse me immediately.  I told them I felt this was not a valid job and to remove me from their listing.  Considering I am new to Upwork and only have one very small contract, it was hard to do.

I am sure good contracts are just waiting around the corner for me!

Joan P Member Since: Jul 6, 2017
22 of 76

what about companies that list they are looking to hire 88 freelancers. is this a scam?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
23 of 76

@Joan P wrote:

what about companies that list they are looking to hire 88 freelancers. is this a scam?

You could be open minded or you could avoid the risk that it's in the .0000000000000001% chance of being legit 

Community Leader
Tammara C Member Since: Oct 14, 2016
24 of 76

Hi lena, I have been recently asked to submitt a sample of my work to a client before i actually started to work. the clients email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines** From reading your post this is a free work scam! I hope that Up Work will handle this matter. I plan from now on to be carfeul of the offers that i receive.

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 76

Hi Tammara,

It looks like that client has already been removed from Upwork. If a client requests free work or offers to pay outside of Upwork in the future, please flag their job posting as inappropriate or submit a ticket request to report them.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Tammara C Member Since: Oct 14, 2016
26 of 76

Thanks Valeria!

Tiffani M Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
27 of 76

Hi,

Last question, how do you submit a ticket request because I tried to and for some reason didn't see the option to submit a ticket request for my issue so that's why I had to use the forum.

Thank you for providing the ticket request "How To'

Tiffani

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 76

Tiffani,

You can submit a ticket request here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Gayon B Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
29 of 76

Lena this was very informative. I thank you very much for this post. 

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." Henry Ford
hanan a Member Since: Nov 12, 2016
30 of 76

Hello !

I am new to upwork and I am so dsparate to find a job , if I got an invitation to an interview how do I kow if its a scam or not ? 

And if I sen you te email can you know ?

Thank you 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS