cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
71 of 76

Hi Mark,

Sorry you feel this way about your Upwork experience so far. Upwork provides freelancers and clients with tools to connect with each other, manage their contracts, process payments, etc. Also, users can benefit from Upwork payment protection. It looks like you have a contract with a milestone that’s been funded in Escrow and you have just submitted work on it and requested payment. Your client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sarah A Member Since: Nov 13, 2018
72 of 76

I have been contacted by a scammer and would like to report them. I'm not sure where to report. **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Here was my original message:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I immediately questioned and told her I was not interested in providing my information and that it went again Upwork policies. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
73 of 76

Hi Sarah,

Please open the job posting and use our flagging option that is on the right side of the page, once you have reported the job our team will review it and proper actions will be taken. Thank you.

Untitled
Mark M Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
74 of 76

I've witnessed a couple of client jobs that asked to modify existing After Effects templates that they have purchased.  I believe this is theft of intellectual property for the purpose of possibly reselling them as their own work.  What is Upworks policy when handling these types of requests?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
75 of 76

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this question. Check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post. Once the job post is flagged, our team review it and take action as per our internal processes if it violates the ToS

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
76 of 76

re: "I've witnessed a couple of client jobs that asked to modify existing After Effects templates that they have purchased. I believe this is theft of intellectual property for the purpose of possibly reselling them as their own work. What is Upworks policy when handling these types of requests?"

Mark: If you have questions about this, this is an issue you would need to discuss with Adobe, not Upwork.

As far as Upwork itself is concerned, I'm not sure how this would be seen as any different than somebody modifying an Adobe Illustrator template file to fit the needs of a client. Or a Microsoft PowerPoint template file.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see where there is a violation of any Upwork policy here.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS