🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: To avoid additional account restrictions,...
Page options
balmestejeda
Community Member

To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call w

I keep getting this message towards the top of the page and I cannot submit proposals to any job:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

I keep clicking on the link for "here" and it tries to take me to
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile
but the webpage hangs and then redirects me back to the job search page.

Very frustrating as I am trying to submit proposals.

9 REPLIES 9
kbc501
Community Member

My guess would be that you haven't verified your identity? That's a little odd. I wasn't asked to do a video interview, but I was asked to submit a copy of my driver's license. I didn't want to do it at first, but after doing a decent amount of research, I decided that it was reasonably safe to do so. Apparently they do this to check and see if you are a U.S. citizen and if your information matches the information you gave them. 

Consider yourself lucky, though, as a video interview would have been far less intrusive. 

Actually, I have verified my identity. In fact, they made me submit a bank statement with my address because my driver's license wasn't enough. It was a real pain in the ass since all my accounts are paperless and don't have an address on them. At any rate, that was months ago and this just popped up today. It's not even the fact that they are asking me to verify, it's the fact that their link doesn't work!!! 

I can't even access their help and support page. 

support.upwork.com tries to load but then it redirects me to
www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/domestic

Does anyone know a number I can call or an email address I can write to???

Hi Balmes, 

Let me go ahead and check your account. I'll come back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Kindly check my account. I am not able to verify my accoun the second time.I am experiencing the same exact problem.

Thanks.

Hi Jefferson,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5ab6fcda
Community Member

Hey, How did it went? It was second video verification? was like the first one or something new pops up?

dhruvfreelancing
Community Member

I also get the same message to do the verification. and I'm already verified I don't know why asking me again?

Hi Dhruv,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths