🐈 Community
rohan_bhaskar

To create a client account

Hi,

I am new over here, If I will create a client account with my freelancer account , do I have to use different payment method for this profile, or same bank details/bank account will work.?

please suggest me..? I want to keep both profile.

Thanks a lot

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r

@Rohan B wrote:

Hi,

I am new over here, If I will create a client account with my freelancer account , do I have to use different payment method for this profile, or same bank details/bank account will work.?

You need a proper credit card (not a prepaid or virtual or debit card) or a card backed PayPal account,(in some countries)  otherwise there is no point creating a client account as you will not be able to hire.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r

@Rohan B wrote:

Hi,

You need a proper credit card (not a prepaid or virtual or debit card) or a card backed PayPal account,(in some countries)  otherwise there is no point creating a client account as you will not be able to hire.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rohan,

Use Petra comment as reference for what type of cards are accepted.

For more details about billing methods see this Help Article. More extended version for adding a billing method can be found Here as well.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a lot,

and If I use Credit card does it will manage both freelancer and client account.?

thanks 

@Rohan B wrote:

Thanks a lot,

and If I use Credit card does it will manage both freelancer and client account.?

thanks 

You create a client account via your existing account (Settings, bottom left, create a company) then you use your usual withdrawal methods on your freelancer account and your credit card on your client account. The two are entirely separate financially, but you can toggle between them easily. 

i can can't create my account in your given option.  how do i open my account .  please hlep

Shridhar, it looks like you already have a freelancer account. Are you trying to create a client account as well? You should be able to do it by going to your Settings and clicking Create a Client Account in the bottom left corner.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I can't create a Client Account as well. Can you help me?

I click the link in the profile, enter name of my client company, add billing method (Paypal) and then page reloads and offers me to enter the name of my company again.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuri,

I checked and see you created two client-companies and are able to post jobs. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Untitled

What shoul I do to create jobs?

I don't see my two companies. I don't understand how to use them.

There are no companies on the page where they were created. That's why I created two because I didn't see the first one.

Thanks!

I see. I suppose you mean my two old clien accounts: Drawing Hut and Translation Hut.

But I am saying that I can't create a new one from the next menues

settings ->
create a company ->
create a client account

This just doensn't create a company.

How do work client account?

Hi Muhammad, 

Are you asking how to create a client account? To create a client account, please follow the steps below:

• Click the “Accounts” menu and choose “Settings”
  • Go to “My Teams” and choose the “Create New Account” at the bottom
  • Choose “Create New Client Account”

~ Avery
Upwork

I creating client account but process still loding but not creating.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies and try using a different browser for creating your Client account on your existing Freelancer account. If the issue shows on your end after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

ok

I retry to create client account but not create my account same process in other browser

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with opening a new Client account, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

How will your agent reach me?

Hi Muhammad,

Our agent already reached out to you via this support ticket and will provide you with further assistance, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Learning Paths