🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: To give a chance for those who are a star...
Page options
missrarroco
Community Member

To give a chance for those who are a starter here

I am asking if this can be, or delete if not.
I am asking this on behalf of all newbies on the platform, can we have a notification button so that our proposal can be given chance by the clients even we have o% rate job, $0 earn, and no Plus because we are JUST STARTING. To be fair, and all be given a chance to work and client.
2 REPLIES 2
sjbercot
Community Member

I know it's frustrating Rachelle, but you have to remember that we were all newbies at one point, doing our best to get hired with no JSS and no Upwork history. Every successful freelancer here had to get that first (and second, and third...) job with no Upwork history or JSS. That seems pretty fair to me. And there really are a lot of clients that hire freelancers for the first time. But part of being a successful freelancer is learning how to market yourself well so that you stand out to clients. You could improve your chances by working on your profile (clients will expect correct, clear English from someone saying that they are fluent and offering translation), improving your skills, and adding good samples to your portfolio.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rachelle A wrote:
I am asking if this can be, or delete if not.
I am asking this on behalf of all newbies on the platform, can we have a notification button so that our proposal can be given chance by the clients even we have o% rate job, $0 earn, and no Plus because we are JUST STARTING. To be fair, and all be given a chance to work and client.

We all win jobs the same way, namely writing proposals. What you suggest would be very unfair to a lot of other freelancers. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths