360$ was refunded in my budget.

But a client did not need the refund.

360$ was refunded automatically.

Please help me.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yang, please help us understand your situation.

Are you saying:

"My name is Yang. I am a freelancer. I worked for a client. I clicked the Refund button. I did not realize what it would do. I refunded $360 to my client. I regret doing that."

If this is what happened to you, then say "Yes."

If this is not what happened, then say "No" and explain what part I got wrong.

petra_r
Community Member

@Yang L wrote:

360$ was refunded in my budget.

But a client did not need the refund.

360$ was refunded automatically.

Your client failed to pay Upwork for your work and your work diary did not qualify for protection, probably because you did not use the tracker to properly track your time, used manual time, not entered meaningful work memos or your work diary showed low activity acoss all worked hours.

Probably manual time (just a guess.)

jobfor
Community Member

And then why don't add 360$ in a client budget?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yang,

I have checked this for you and our team has already reached out to you via this ticket with more information regarding the refunded amount! Please, follow up on information shared by our team and communicate with your client regarding your concern!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jobfor
Community Member

Well as I said, 360$ was refunded. But a Client did not need the refund. It was in pending.

And then a client said that 360$ was not added in his budget.

Please help me.

petra_r
Community Member

@Yang L wrote:

Well as I said, 360$ was refunded. But a Client did not need the refund. It was in pending.

And then a client said that 360$ was not added in his budget.

Please help me.

Yang, the client never PAID those $ 360 to Upwork.  Because your work diary did not qualify for hourly rate protection, Upwork declined to pay you out of their own pocket.

And you need to adjust a few details on your profile to more accurately reflect reality, or the $ 360 will be the least of your worries...

yitwail
Community Member

Petra R wrote: 

And you need to adjust a few details on your profile to more accurately reflect reality, or the $ 360 will be the least of your worries...

Certainly, Yang's English is not Native or Bilingual. Also, Huge E-commerce Firm, Commerce University, and Technological University are a bit sketchy.

Yang,

Based on the other comments here, the refund was to Upwork, not to your client.

Upwork paid you, but the client didn't pay Upwork.Your use of the TimeTracker app for the hours Upwork paid you for didn't meet Upwork's standards in some way, so Upwork refunded to itself its payment to you for the non-standard hours you tracked with TimeTracker (or booked as manual hours).

There is no way you will get this "refund" reversed, so count it as a lesson learned. Re-read the Upwork Help Section on how to use TimeTracker: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064098-Log-Time-with-the-Upwork-Desktop-App-

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths