🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Too great variety
Page options
stefanie19-06
Community Member

Too great variety

Hi there. 

I have just logged in and wish to do my profile. I have loads of experience in Customer Service and Sales, a profile on Linked in, I am Stately registered Dietician and interested in Freelance Art Projects. I wish to eventually (better sooner than late) to work with voice over projects since anyway currently I work in a Callcenter with my Voice. I am learning about Affeliate Marketing.

How can I do such a Profile with this great variety? I would love to give a speech / vioce sample or could create a Video, but do not see the way. Would this be a good platform for me? You advise is much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

Focus on what you want to do and what you're good at. You're probably not good at all of those things.

One of the main reasons I receive so many invitations to work at such a high hourly rate is because my profile has laser-like focus on a very specific job skill. Clients like to hire experts.

You can display a large variety of job skills, but you'll earn more if you specialize.

Dear Preston thank you for your valid input, I will change my profiel accordingly. However what I am looking for is voice over work.

Thanks Jennifer for this kind of sweet advise! No perhaps I am not so good at the classical Corporate World Office type of job - I worked hard at committing to my Artists Profile after all. But my voice is great, I have good reading skills and invite People to listen. So perhaps **Edited for Community Guidelines** is a better platform for me. 😉

Good Information.

Thank you.

seoexpert_lipi
Community Member

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths