🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Too much proposals suspension thingy.
Page options
al-anani
Community Member

Too much proposals suspension thingy.

Simple question.

I've submitted 10 proposals, of which currently 2 sent me offers and are due tomorrow.

I want to submit more proposals, yet I dont want to risk suspension.

Is there some sort of ratio, when it's acceptable to send more proposals?

As in, 2/10 is fair? 2/20 is? 2/30 is?

Or is there no definate science behind it.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

@M A wrote:

There certainly is, but they won't tell. But if you have landed two jobs and will earn money, you don't need to worry.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

@M A wrote:

There certainly is, but they won't tell. But if you have landed two jobs and will earn money, you don't need to worry.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Thank you.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi M A,

In order to prevent anyone from unfairly bypassing our guidelines, we cannot release specific numbers. Be assured that we do not take action based on isolated incidents of unsuccessful proposals. Only in the unusual case we find a freelancer has been repeatedy submitting many proposals but not winning jobs (or winning few) we take action.

~Nina

@Nina Thanks a million for your reply.

However, I understand what you said, and knew about it this beforehand. I was asking about what sort of rate is reasonable.

Quoting you , "but not winning jobs (or winning few)" , is few a 10% success rate? is alot a 50% success rate?

This information is very shrouded. But I assume for that reason, I wont send out more than 10 proposals a month just in case. 

Which is not in the absolute benefit of upwork, they'd want me to work.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi M A, 

I'm sorry but we wouldn't be able to release the exact information for your question in order for users not to bypass the current system in place. We hope you understand. 

As a tip, I would recommend that you make sure that you only send out proposals to jobs that meet your job category, skills, and experience. Make sure to also use proposals that are fit to the job post, instead of copy-pasting a proposal from one job to the other. 

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths