🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Top Rated but not getting hired
Page options
excel_crab
Community Member

Top Rated but not getting hired

Hi Everyone,

Seems like a strange thing I was being hired more often last year when I wasn't top rated and only 92% JSS.

Now I have 100% JSS, Top Rated.  Can't seem to land as much interviews. No job offer for weeks.  I'm running out of connects soon and I'm premium member.

I've only increased my $/hr by 2 but accept fixed price contract as is (I may lower it a bit but never raise my asking fixed price).

I do constantly refresh my "Find Work" page and apply as soon as a new job suitable for me comes out so I'm always one of the first 10 applicants.

I do get invitations, but rarely result to interview.  After a long time like this, no work.  I'm finding it strange and I would like to hear some answers. 

I do have lots of jobs in progress but all of them are inactive for weeks now.  Could that be culprit??  What else could possibly cause this problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
michael80wight
Community Member

More competition may be?

Hi Michael,

Yes, probably.  I suppose I set my price too high.  But it's only $8/hr for Excel programming/development work.  It's kinda close to my "breakeven point" due to the cost of living in my region.

I sure wish that top rated freelancer program would have a minimum rate cap.  like $10/hr or $50 for fixed price.  That should help make the competition more fair....  Good idea??

I did notice I've been going head-to-head with other freelancers offering only 3 or $4 asking price who are living in regions with very cheap cost of living.  A bit unfair don't you think?

Mark T wrote:

Hi Michael,

Yes, probably.  I suppose I set my price too high.  But it's only $8/hr for Excel programming/development work.  It's kinda close to my "breakeven point" due to the cost of living in my region.

I sure wish that top rated freelancer program would have a minimum rate cap.  like $10/hr or $50 for fixed price.  That should help make the competition more fair....  Good idea??

I did notice I've been going head-to-head with other freelancers offering only 3 or $4 asking price who are living in regions with very cheap cost of living.  A bit unfair don't you think?

At $8/hour, you *are* one of the poors the others complain about. Don't kid yourself. At that point, the client is just looking for cheap so they might as well go slumming at $3/hour.

Different perspecting and things.

jatinder1247
Community Member

Dear Mark,

You only can decide that your hourly rate is sufficient or not. If you think you are underpaid then you can raise or if you think your hourly rate is more then you can bring it down. But just a single suggestion knows your exact value and apply only relevant jobs that exactly matches your skill set. And soon you wil be hired. Think positive, Live Positive

Cheers

JATINDER

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths