🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Are my Top Rated eligibility weeks stuck?
Page options
jahid_786
Community Member

Top Rated eligible weeks

Hi everyone,

I joined Upwork on February, 2018 and got a Rising talent badge, After that, I started my jobs and my Top Rated eligible weeks were increasing week by week. It went up to 11 out of 16. One of my clients didn't end my contract after completing his job and it hurts my "Top Rated eligible weeks" and JSS.  But after 2 months the client ended the contract and gave me a 5-star review. Till now, I have completed 6 jobs with 5-star feedback all and now I am working for a client on a fixed price basis job. (35-40 hours/week).  But my "Top Rated eligible weeks" went down from 11 to 7 and it's gradually decreasing in every week. Although I am working on fixed-hour basis job and completed 18 milestones of that job. Can anyone explain to me why it's decreasing and what should I do to get 16 out of 16.   

Thank you.

Jahidul.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Md Jahidul I wrote:

I joined Upwork on February, 2018 and got a Rising talent badge, After that, I started my jobs and my Top Rated eligible weeks were increasing week by week. It went up to 11 out of 16. One of my clients didn't end my contract after completing his job and it hurts my "Top Rated eligible weeks" and JSS.  But after 2 months the client ended the contract and gave me a 5-star review. Till now, I have completed 6 jobs with 5-star feedback all and now I am working for a client on a fixed price basis job. (35-40 hours/week).  But my "Top Rated eligible weeks" went down from 11 to 7 and it's gradually decreasing in every week. Although I am working on fixed-hour basis job and completed 18 milestones of that job. Can anyone explain to me why it's decreasing and what should I do to get 16 out of 16.   

That is because you have a JSS of 85% and any week you are below 90% means another week of not being eligible for top rated status. So your eligible weeks are falling out of the back end of your 16 week window and are being replaced by non eligible weeks. To add eligible weeks you need to get your JSS above 90% and keep it there long enough for the ineligible weeks to start falling out of the 16 week window.

Your JSS is what it is because of private feedback, not because you had an open job which has no effect on your JSS unless you have a significant percentage of such jobs.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

@Md Jahidul I wrote:

That is because you have a JSS of 85% and any week you are below 90% means another week of not being eligible for top rated status. So your eligible weeks are falling out of the back end of your 16 week window and are being replaced by non eligible weeks. To add eligible weeks you need to get your JSS above 90% and keep it there long enough for the ineligible weeks to start falling out of the 16 week window.

Your JSS is what it is because of private feedback, not because you had an open job which has no effect on your JSS unless you have a significant percentage of such jobs.

Hi Petra,

Do you know what else affects the eligible weeks? I joined back in March but didn't start any work until May. Here's my tracking, my eligible weeks have been stuck at 3/16 since receiving Rising Talent. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 9.25.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 9.41.03 AM.png

that's really good solution. Thanks again.

Md Arafat
far-khan
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Please have a look on attached screenshot, where nothing is being shown while I get my 1st project on upwork have 4 reviews and all 5 stars but still every thing is blank in My Stats window.

Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhan, 

If you check on the tooltip beside " - Not available -," you will see that your Job Success Score will be shown when you have more jobs on Upwork. There is not enough work history to calculate your score, and your statistics from, which is why there is not enough information yet on this page of your account. Once you have enough jobs to compute your score, and your statistics, this page will automatically populate with more information.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 10.57.46 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
far-khan
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Till last week I was getting my JSS 93% and today it is showing me 89% while none of my project get closed in past 2 months. Infact I was supposed to earn Top rated batch today as I was fulfiling all requirements for being a top rated freelancer. Would you please confirm why is that? Infact it's really embarassing 😞

Hi Farhan,

Job success score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows and it's updated every second week on Sunday. To learn more about the factors included in your calculation and why it was changed, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

In case of my profile all factors are constant since past 2 months. You can review history but my profile was reflecting 93% job success but now it is showing 89%. I need a good reason for my profile case specifically instead of these help articles which are useless.

jahid_786
Community Member

I completely understand. Thank you, Petra!

shummas
Community Member

It's been a while since I am short of one week, to become eligible for the Top Rated program. I'm stuck at 12/13 weeks. 

While I know that the weeks update on a rolling window, it's just that they have not increased in a while. Earlier in the community discussions, there was this one person who actually had the same issue and it turned out there was indeed a glitch preventing his eligible weeks from updating. 

Could a moderator please check whether my eligible weeks are updating as they should, or if there is a technical glitch? 

Hi Shummas,

You can manage your success on Upwork by tracking your Job Success Score, 12-month earnings, and more on your My Stats page. To earn and maintain Top Rated status you must have:
1. A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
2. First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
3. Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
4. 100% complete profile 
5. 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
6. Up-to-date availability
7. An account in good standing with no recent account holds
To learn more about this program check out this Help Article.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Well I know that already. I just want you to verify if there is a glitch that is preventing my eligibility weeks from updating as they have been stuck on 12/13 from a while now.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths