🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tracking Time
Page options
williams-kirk
Community Member

Tracking Time

I've been talking to someone and they have sent me physical parts that they would like me to draw for them on CAD. However, it appears as though they have not opened or accepted the contract. How do I track my time if that contract isn't showing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kirk:

Your situation is rather unusual.

The fact that the client ACTUALLY SENT YOU PHYSICAL PARTS suggests that this person is not a scammer, but is a new client who genuinely does not know how to use Upwork properly.

You may need to help him out a little bit, offer him some encouragement, in order to get him to start the contract properly. If you already see a job posting that you replied to and he interviewed you with, you may need to tell him to click the green "Hire" button next to your name.

Definitely do NOT do any work without a contract. But based on what you told us, I think you can make this happen. If you never have an officiall contract (it will show up up here: Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs), then you will never draw any of these parts using CAD. But I'm hoping you'll get hired officially.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
joansands
Community Member

Do not work for anyone without a contract.

mtngigi
Community Member

Kirk W wrote:

I've been talking to someone and they have sent me physical parts that they would like me to draw for them on CAD. However, it appears as though they have not opened or accepted the contract. How do I track my time if that contract isn't showing?

You don't. Ask the client to send you an official offer using the "hire me" button on your profile. Once you accept the offer it will show up under "my jobs" on your account page. Make sure their payment method is verified before starting any work. They you'll download and use Upworks time tracker.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Kirk:

Your situation is rather unusual.

The fact that the client ACTUALLY SENT YOU PHYSICAL PARTS suggests that this person is not a scammer, but is a new client who genuinely does not know how to use Upwork properly.

You may need to help him out a little bit, offer him some encouragement, in order to get him to start the contract properly. If you already see a job posting that you replied to and he interviewed you with, you may need to tell him to click the green "Hire" button next to your name.

Definitely do NOT do any work without a contract. But based on what you told us, I think you can make this happen. If you never have an officiall contract (it will show up up here: Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs), then you will never draw any of these parts using CAD. But I'm hoping you'll get hired officially.

williams-kirk
Community Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. This was helpful. I'm new to Upwork so I'm still learning how it all works. I'm just excited to have my first job on here.

Hi Kirk, 

You and your client may want to read up on the resources we have compiled here to help you get started, and familiarize yourself with Upwork. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

I hope these help, and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths