🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Tracking app not taking screenshot of cur...
Page options
deepakrorain1983
Community Member

Tracking app not taking screenshot of current app in macbook

Tracking app not taking screenshot of current app in macbook
It is taking selfscreenshot all the time but not taking current open app like photoshop, browsers, submilt etc.
all the time it is taking self screenshot only.

I have attched the screebshot

22 REPLIES 22
susanwinlowmedia
Community Member

Deepak,

I had problems with mine, as well. I work with a company client (large online editing platform that introduced me to Upwork) that is incredibly familiar with Upwork's system. Do you use a Mac? According to my team operations supervisor, Mac's don't play well with the timer. There are some help docs in the forums here that he copied and pasted for me. In my case, the only screenshots obtained were of a blank desktop. My firewall was preventing any screenshots of my work. I had to just go in and alter my settings. Mine was an easy problem.

Good luck to you! I hope it's an easy fix. 

Yes I am using macbook
whatsetting nee to follow please let me know

Unfortunately, I don't remember. I ended up being able to fix the problem with a prompt from the tracker itself, which lead me to where I needed to be to fix the problem in the system preferences. My firewall is still on, so don't turn that off. Try checking in the settings button on the tracker, bottom left corner. 

I'm not sure you're having the same problem I am, though. I noticed with your screenshot that photos are actually being created of items on your desktop. I literally had a blank desktop - no icons, nothing. I would say your problem falls into the Mac vs tracking system. Try doing that search in the forums. If you can't find it, I can go into Slack and try to find the communication from the supervisor.

Yes please try to find for me

Here is the link that was given to me. Hopefully it will be of some help to you. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/macOS-screenshots-not-working-right-with-Upwork-app-afte...

Hi Deepak,

Could you please try tips shared in this help article. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue with a MacBook. I've tried following what the help article said but the problem is that when I go to "privacy" Upwork is never on the list of the apps I can give permission to. 

Hi Jeanette,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar

I'm having the same problem. Can you open a support ticket for me as well?

Hi Damian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem. Please see attached screenshot.

Hi Louella! 
Try the next step)

Hi Louella,

Could you please check the troubleshooting steps shared here? Please let us know if you still experience the same issue with the Time Tracker App so we can check further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

DO NOT USE tccutil reset All TO RESET YOUR PERMISSIONS - It will completely remove all apps that have access to any of your Mac settings and will cause a whole heap of problems for you down the road since you'll essentially have to re-install every single app again. 

To Upwork Moderators - this is not the solution. Following that guide literally turned my life into hell since now I have to redownload over 300Gb of programs since their access is completely reset and it's not prompting for access again causing fatal errors across the board. 

This is not helpful at all. If basic screenshot apps can easily request and get access - I don't see why a multimillion-dollar freelancer platform with a 100+ dev team figure out a basic issue like this one. 

They must be focused on improving the speed at which they charge the 20% cut + connects tho - that's important! 

Hi Marco,

Thanks for flagging and I'm sorry to hear you've had these issues after resetting permissions. I've shared your feedback with our engineers and they are currently checking on why tccutil reset com.upwork.Upwork solution doesn't work. That option would be more appropriate to use as a fix than tccutil reset All, which does reset all permissions, however, it shouldn't necessitate reinstalling apps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes I am using Macbook
What setting need to do ?? Please let me knpw

Hey Deepak,

Did you find any solution for this? I'm facing the same problem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Shekhar

Hi Shekhar,

Please try following the troubleshooting steps Valeria posted Here. If you`re still experiencing the same problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You keep saying this but we are ALL still having the same problem.

This is an error on your side (Upwork) and clearly we are ALL having the same problem (MAC)

ipaulmax
Community Member

Hi! 
how did you solve this problem?
The tracker only takes a screenshot of itself.

Hi Pavel,

Please check out this help article for some advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App. If you're still experiencing the same issue please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Pavel,

Please follow the steps mentioned in below Article. It helps me to resolve the same issue. It was always taking a screenshot of Home Screen instead of Current window.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/macOS-screenshots-not-working-right-with-Upwork-app-afte... 

Refer the comments from Valeria K.

In addition, if you are not a getting a upwork application in List while setting up a permission, you can add it manully by clicking on + button below on Security & privacy Page.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths