Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking app not taking screenshot of current app in macbook

Highlighted
Deepak A Member Since: May 20, 2019
1 of 8

Tracking app not taking screenshot of current app in macbook
It is taking selfscreenshot all the time but not taking current open app like photoshop, browsers, submilt etc.
all the time it is taking self screenshot only.

I have attched the screebshot

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Susan W Member Since: Dec 30, 2019
2 of 8

Deepak,

I had problems with mine, as well. I work with a company client (large online editing platform that introduced me to Upwork) that is incredibly familiar with Upwork's system. Do you use a Mac? According to my team operations supervisor, Mac's don't play well with the timer. There are some help docs in the forums here that he copied and pasted for me. In my case, the only screenshots obtained were of a blank desktop. My firewall was preventing any screenshots of my work. I had to just go in and alter my settings. Mine was an easy problem.

Good luck to you! I hope it's an easy fix. 

Highlighted
3 of 8

Yes I am using macbook
whatsetting nee to follow please let me know

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
4 of 8

Unfortunately, I don't remember. I ended up being able to fix the problem with a prompt from the tracker itself, which lead me to where I needed to be to fix the problem in the system preferences. My firewall is still on, so don't turn that off. Try checking in the settings button on the tracker, bottom left corner. 

I'm not sure you're having the same problem I am, though. I noticed with your screenshot that photos are actually being created of items on your desktop. I literally had a blank desktop - no icons, nothing. I would say your problem falls into the Mac vs tracking system. Try doing that search in the forums. If you can't find it, I can go into Slack and try to find the communication from the supervisor.

Highlighted
5 of 8

Yes please try to find for me

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 8

Here is the link that was given to me. Hopefully it will be of some help to you. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/macOS-screenshots-not-working-right-with-Upwork-app-afte...

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 8

Hi Deepak,

Could you please try tips shared in this help article. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 8

Yes I am using Macbook
What setting need to do ?? Please let me knpw

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS