🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Tracking proposals I've submitted
Page options
bell-murraysan28
Community Member

Tracking proposals I've submitted

Hello,

I joined Upwork earlier in the year and find these community discussion groups extremely helpfulI!

I plan to spend more time enhancing my profile so will likely be back in the near future to ask for some advice in that area.

In the meantime, I've recently started submitting a few proposals and have 5 active. My question is how do I see up-to-date information about the jobs where I've submitted proposals?

The information under "my proposals" seems not to have changed from the date I submitted an expression of interest, specifically the number of people being interviewed, the number who've submitted a proposal, etc. is the same.  The other curious piece is that the number of days since the proposal was last viewed seems to predate when I viewed it.  Finally, is there a way to find out if my proposals are begin received by prospective clients?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom!

Sandy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

Sandy:  We all have curiosity to know where our proposals stand.  But, it is waste of time.  If the buyers are interested they will get back.  There are several reasons for you not getting any updates:

1. They have hired someone, but for got to close the job.

2. They didn't like anyone.

3. They didn't like anyone's price.

4. They were window shopping.

5. They hired someone from other platform..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bobafett999
Community Member

Sandy:  We all have curiosity to know where our proposals stand.  But, it is waste of time.  If the buyers are interested they will get back.  There are several reasons for you not getting any updates:

1. They have hired someone, but for got to close the job.

2. They didn't like anyone.

3. They didn't like anyone's price.

4. They were window shopping.

5. They hired someone from other platform..

Thanks for the fast response Prashant!

This is very helpful, and interesting.

Sandy

Sandy, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to find out all of that information, tracking jobs, and analyzing them. What you need to do on this site, is to submit your proposal and then move on. If the client likes your proposal they will contact you. You'll waste your time and your sanity doing anything other then that.

Thanks Kathy.  This helps!

I just found it odd that there seems to have been no activity on the postings at all since I applied, but I won't worry about it.

Sandy

Sandy, just apply and forget about it.  People hire on Upwork, on other platforms, they hire locally, use their staff for the task, and sometimes don't hire at all.  Keep moving forward!

Thanks for the encouragement Mary!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths