🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tracking work on hourly basis
Page options
d262636f
Community Member

Tracking work on hourly basis

Hi There,

I am new on Upwork and I ahve posted a job description already but befor awarding the project to anyfreelancer I just want to know that if I will hire them on hourly basis, how would I be able to track the work i.e. suppose freelancer took 2 hour for a simple job of half an hour then how could it be possible for me to track that.

Regards,

Akshay 

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akshay, 

On hourly contracts, you will have the opportunity to review the hours logged through the freelancer's Work Diary. This will be accessible to you on your Contracts page (Jobs > My Jobs > Contract name OR Jobs > All Contracts > Contract name). You may read more about reviewing your freelancer's Work Diary in this help article. 

You may also want to read up the resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork as a client. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask by posting here, or contacting our Customer Support Team directly. 

Welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Being able to closely track a freelancer's work has always been one of Upwork's core features. Even before it was Upwork.

Work diaries are updated in near real-time.

You can see screenshots of what the freelancer is doing. You can read memos describing the work. You can pause or close a contract at ANY time. You can hire multiple people and compare their work and continue working only with the best ones.

I can't think of any way to hire that gives a client more extensive monitoring features and more extensive control.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths