🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Transfer Agency Contract To Freelancer
Page options
mofazzal-uddin
Community Member

Transfer Agency Contract To Freelancer

Hi,

I opend an agency but never used it. I am the owner and only member. 

I recently accepted a contract as the agency by mistake. My questions are

1. Is there a way to transfer the contract to my freelancer profile?

2. Since the agency has no payment method added, if I choose to work will the funds be transfered to my account?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mofazzal,

It is not possible to transfer the contract to your Freelancer account. Your client will have to end your current contract and hire you through your Freelancer account. 

It's not possible to withdraw agency earnings to an individual freelancer account. Agency and individual freelancer financial accounts are separate and it's not possible to move funds between them. You should be able to add your personal bank account to your agency account as a payment method. The same payment method can be used as a payment method on your personal freelancer account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Bojan,
Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. One more thing I need help with:
- will the client see the freelancer I assigned (staffed) ?
- Will the job feedback be appearing on the freelance job success ?

Thanks Again.

Hi Mofazzal,

Please keep in mind that agency profiles and freelancer profiles are different profiles. When the client has sent an offer to the freelancer, they will be able to view the freelancer profile as well.

The contract and the job feedback will be listed only under the freelancer profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

transfer agency profiles to the freelancer now pls for projects creating

Hi Samuel,

At the moment, we don't have an option for contracts to be transferred between profiles. The freelancer will need to close the contracts under the agency, and the client will need to re-hire the freelancer under their freelancer profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths