🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Translation
Page options
gikuyi
Community Member

Translation

Hi everyone, I am new to Upwork and frankly, I am not sure how things work after submitting a proposal. The thing is, as a professional translator I would like to see the material before submitting a proposal. I don't want to waste my or the client's time. Is that possible? Should I contact the client? And how do I do it? And is it allowed?

Thank you in advance, 

2 REPLIES 2
hodgesh
Community Member

If the client has not provided the information in the job post or in an attachment, the only way to get the information is to send a proposal and ask. Once you submit a proposal, all you can do is wait for the client to contact you (or not).

luce-neidert
Community Member

Gizem Y wrote:

Hi everyone, I am new to Upwork and frankly, I am not sure how things work after submitting a proposal. The thing is, as a professional translator I would like to see the material before submitting a proposal. I don't want to waste my or the client's time. Is that possible? Should I contact the client? And how do I do it? And is it allowed?

Thank you in advance, 

Good morning, Gizem.

Sometimes, the document to be translated is attached to the client's description of the job. When the job offer is too vague, I don't bother to make an offer, unless I'm particularly interested in doing so.
Once a client has started interviewing you, you can ask for more information and refuse the job if you are not interested.

I had a look at your profile, you should make the languages you deal with more obvious, in the title and in the description of what you can do. That way, clients searching for a translator of Turkish can see right away who they are dealing with.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths