🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Trying to add wire transfer payment method vi...
Page options
kalil_nafeeza
Community Member

Trying to add wire transfer payment method via an intermediary bank

Hello,

My local bank, which is located in Guyana, has advised that the payment method I should use is a wire transfer.  For this to be possible, I need to add an intermediary bank as part of the details but I am not seeing any options for me to do this.   I shared screenshots of this page with my bank and they are saying there are insufficient fields to add the wire details. 

My local bank has advised that I should not choose the 'direct to local bank' option as whichever bank Upwork is using, must have an existing relationship with my local bank before they can accept any payments this way. If I choose this option then I risk having my payments sent somewhere else and not to my local bank. 

I would appreciate some assistance here. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nafeeza,

You can find payment methods available in your country by going to your Settings> Get Paid and clicking Add a Payment method. Check out this help article for more information.

I checked and the Wire Transfer option is available for you to add it. You can use the ''Remittance information'' field to provide additional information about the intermediary bank.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Bojan

Initially, my bank was was against me adding their information as the beneficiary bank in the "  Remittance information'' field, however, I shared your response with them and they have advised me to go ahead. 

I will complete this section now.

Thanks again,

Nafeeza. 

d4b62280
Community Member

Dear Nafeeza,

Did you get through with this process? I am now getting set up in the online world of freelancing and would appreciate any advice you have on withdrawing payments to local banks. If we can private message, that would be great. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths