cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay freelancer, having issues with manual time

Highlighted
Bill T Member Since: Jun 27, 2017
1 of 5

So, my project is done to my satisfaction, the freelancer has told me she did 9.5 hours of time. Our contract has manual time enabled, but according to her, it's disabled. I'm trying to get her paid, but I don't see a way of putting the time in on my end. Can anyone help out?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
2 of 5

That sounds odd but if she did the job well I suppose you could pay her through a bonus.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Luz H Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
3 of 5

Hello.

I am kind of new around here, but I wouldn't recommend paying as a bonus. You might end paying twice!

Just wait a couple of days. There have been some issues with the Upwork platform...

Don't make any payment until someone from the Help Team indicates what to do.

Just saying....

Regards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

Why did the freelancer not track time? Also, the contract is still open, right? Because time can only be added to open contracts, not closed ones.

OTher than that, I agree that it would make sense to wait a day or two, as the site's been playing up today.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Bill,

I checked and it looks like the option to add manual time is available on the freelancer's side, so she should be able to go ahead and enter it in her Work Diary. You will then be billed next Monday for the hours she logs this week.

~ Valeria
Untitled