🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Trying to submit proposals but getting 'your ...
Page options
046003c6
Community Member

Trying to submit proposals but getting 'your phone was successfully verified' message?

Hey guys,

I'm new to upwork, and have been trying to submit some proposals. However, when I click on 'submit a proposal', the window just goes to saying 'your phone was successfully verified'. 

It is not taking me any further than this window. Please may someone advise me?

Many thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Valued Members,

We appreciate you reaching out and reporting these errors. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team for further review and action if necessary. We'll keep this thread updated with more information whenever we receive a response. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

**Edited to Update**

We received a confirmation from the team that this issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
df602768
Community Member

Bug. 

Hi! May I ask why it will direct me to the phone verification when I submit a proposal?

0f91b372
Community Member

I'm also new to Upwork and I am having the same issue when trying to submit proposals. Anyone know why this is happening?

Everytime I go to submit a proposal the next screen just says, "Your phone was successfully verified."

Not sure why this is happening? 

e5945f7a_0-1666720749187.png

That is ODD. Did you try in another browser?

Not yet I will try it tomorrow.  Thanks for the input. 

P.S I am using Chrome

Had a little bit of time and checked and no it doesn't work even in edge. 

That is odd, I would contact Upwork support on this one.

Hi Timothy,

I took the liberty of escalating your report to the appropriate team for further review and assistance. Please expect your support ticket here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bd815fe3
Community Member

Me, too!! It's doing the EXACT same thing to me and I tried on both Safari and Chrome.

29c6382c
Community Member

When I select the "Submit Proposal" option for a job, I am redirected to a page that says "Your phone was successfully verified." It goes no further than that and i show no record of having submitted any proposals after the fact. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to progress past this point?

people have been asking that all day. must be a system bug.

I signed-up today and it doing the exact same thing to me.

Hi Valued Members,

We appreciate you reaching out and reporting these errors. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team for further review and action if necessary. We'll keep this thread updated with more information whenever we receive a response. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

**Edited to Update**

We received a confirmation from the team that this issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9144644f
Community Member

Why mark this issue as solved when a) it clearly isn't solved and b) you are stopping your own customers from being able to find work. Mark it as solved when it is solved. 

I am currently using Upwork to find freelance jobs as a software technical support reperesentative, with 20 years experience on various products and platforms. I could do your job standing on my head for $25 an hour but I can't because the "Submit proposal" button just keeps telling me my phone has been verified. Please sort this out asap.

b9db691f
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Is there an update on this issue? I am still having this problem for the third consecutive week and it is becoming a hindrance in submitting proposals. I have received feedback from peers on both the client and freelancer side and they have not experienced this issue lately so it doesn't seem to be widespread.

Any help and insight would be appreciated!

Thanks

cb42129d
Community Member

Is there a process to fix this for my account? I am getting the same issue where it just brings me to a screen saying "Your phone was successfully verified" 

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this error. However, we received a confirmation from the Technical Support team that this has already been resolved. I'll have one of the team members review your report and assist you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update on this page with your ticket once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
shaza905
Community Member

HI, I am experiencing same issue. can you please help me?

Hi Sheraz,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
605a5372
Community Member

Hi Arjay. I am having the same problem with my account. Are you able to have someone from your tech team to reach out and help me with this?

Hi Myles,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello, I am also receiving the same message, and am not able to apply for work. Please do let me know what to do to fix this. Thanks!

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f36ac1e7
Community Member

I am still receiving this error

Hi Zain,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
anindya01
Community Member

Hello Arjay M,

I am facing the similar issue from today. Unable to apply for a job. 

anindya01_0-1691070518219.png

9e585135
Community Member

i got the same thing. Any answers why this is happening? No way our proposals are being sent.

b9db691f
Community Member

Hello,

I recently joined Upwork and am excited to get started exploring new opportunities. Unfortunately, whenever I try to submit a proposal, I am taken to a page that simply says "Your phone was successfully verified" and not the proposal screen. Is this a bug or something else? Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance!

ashvath-k
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing the same issue, I cannot submit a proposal. I keep getting a mobile number verified message.

84af17a7
Community Member

hello Harry, I guess the fault comes from your device. Have you verified the email or phone number you used for upwork creation?

f6b7266a
Community Member

Hello there, I appear to be experiencing the same issue. Could you kindly escalate me towards a resolution? Thank you!

Hi Mark,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
g_missir
Community Member

Hello Arjay, my account is also receiving the same error. Could you please submit a ticket for my account as well?

Hi George,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ggoshev
Community Member

Same issue here. When I click to apply for job it redirects me to https://www.upwork.com/nx/phone-verification/

ml_vax
Community Member

I'm having this issue.

ml_vax
Community Member

When I try to apply, I'm taken to a page with unhelpful message stating: "Your phone was successfully verified.".

Please fix the issue.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths