🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Two person profile??
Page options
jamie-jay
Community Member

Two person profile??

When setting up a profile is it aloud to state that I work with a partner. English is my first language and I speak high level Thai, my partners first language is Thai and speaks fluent English, so we are wanting to try out some freelance translation work. So is that ok to have a profile that uses two people working together?

3 REPLIES 3
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Jamie,

It is actually against the ToS for anyone else to use your Upwork account, as account sharing of any kind is very strictly prohibited. You would need your own account, and your partner would also need to have their own account. Your profile should accurately describe your own skills and expertise and should represent you as an individual since no one else should ever log into your Upwork account. You can also consider working as an agency, that way your partner with their own freelancer account can work with you on Upwork. Please read more about creating and managing agencies here. Hope this helps!

~Nina
mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Is it audible? No. Is it allowed? Also no. One account per person. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Jamie R wrote:

When setting up a profile is it aloud to state that I work with a partner. English is my first language and I speak high level Thai, my partners first language is Thai and speaks fluent English, so we are wanting to try out some freelance translation work. So is that ok to have a profile that uses two people working together?

No, that is not allowed, you'd both have to have your own, seperate profiles.

You do also understand that there is more to being a translator than speaking two languages, right?

To think that you can be a translator because you speak two languages is a bit like thinking you can be a surgeon just because you bought a scalpel...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths