Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions: An open contract & Rising talent status

imakamel
Community Leader
Iman K Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
1 of 8

Hi dear Gurus of Upwork,

I have two questions, but maybe they are related to each other?

The first question, I have an open contract with a client, where I delivered work of the first milestone in the agreed deadline last Tuesday, he sent a feedback but did not react to further movements towards other milestones, but he didn't close the contract either. I have decided to wait until Monday to ask him to close the contract if I am not needed anymore. I realized that he has been working parallel with several others from Upwork on creating ideas for his film project. What would you advise me to do in this case? I want to get paid the agreed fee for this milestone.

The second question is regarding my rising talent status. I have researched for other upworker, who have almost the same profile as mine, even earned less but got the rising talent badge, so I wonder who determines and when will be determined, if I am elligible for this rising talent badge, as most of the jobs need this requirenment.

Thank you so much for your support and your response will be very much appreciated. 

Best iman

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

For #1, submit the work to the milestone. When the client escrows, there is a "Submit work" button. They have 14 days to review or the escrow auto-releases.

For #2, nobody is the same and not everyone gets rising talent. It's not like rising talent lasts for long anyway so just focus on things that matter.

imakamel
Community Leader
3 of 8

Thank you very much for your swift response. 

I will kindly ask the client to close the contract tomorrow.

Best. Iman

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 8

well I would leave it alone if you submitted to the escrow. I'm pretty sure Upwork sends an email at the 7 day mark because that's when I get a lot of escrow releases when a client just seems to disappear.

imakamel
Community Leader
5 of 8

This is a bit confusing for me, as I got the advise some where earlier to kindly ask the client to close the contract, also  for the sake of the feedback. So how about these two contradicting opinions? Your input is very much appreciated. Thank you Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

@Iman K wrote:

This is a bit confusing for me, as I got the advise some where earlier to kindly ask the client to close the contract, also  for the sake of the feedback. So how about these two contradicting opinions? Your input is very much appreciated. Thank you Smiley Happy

Iman, nothing is conflicting. YES, it is far better if the client ends the contract rather than yourself, but there is no rush.

As long as the milestone was funded (!) and you used the "submit work and request payment" function, you get paid 14 days after.

imakamel
Community Leader
7 of 8

Thank you dear Petra for your swift reply, I think I got it now. No rush. Please excuse the newbie nervous behaviour. As I didn't experience this with my clients before, I just was a bit irritated. All the best. Iman

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Iman,

As Jennifer already suggested, you should submit the Milestone by using the green button on the contract details page and also ask the client to end your contract if they don't have more work for you. You can find more information about how funds are released from Escrow in this Help article

Regarding your Rising Talent questions, please check the requirements a freelancer needs to meet in order to participate in this program.

Untitled