🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Two questions please.
Page options
485003da
Community Member

Two questions please.

1. Is there a way to contact support without going through the forums I haven't found yet?

I can understand that there are a lot of people on this platform and there might be a lot of unessecary service calls that could be solved by reading the help wiki, but when someone like me is having the same problem again that is unresolved it can be frustrating to not have access to a service desk of some kind. Especially because my service tickets keep getting closed before my issue is resolved. 

It's also somewhat upsetting to have to constantly discuss what's happening in public forums, I would like a private place to be able to raise what is happening for me.

Maybe a new forum called "support" could be made so that we can be screened (and sent article links as is often all they need) but not clutter up the main forums? Perhaps a forum that people can only post, and then have access to their own posts but the rest of Upwork are not able to access it? 

2. My issue:

I am trying to set up my payment method. I input my bank and the name was mismatched, then that got resolved but no one let me know it was resolved.

Then I tried to draw down my money but it bounced back because I had misunderstood the directions to enter my bank account.

I got some more detailed instructions which I have followed, but again the name on the account is mismatched.

Its now been 4 working days and the name issue has not been resolved, so I don't know if the bank account number is working correctly yet.

But the service ticket has been closed even though no one checked that my issue was resolved.  

8 REPLIES 8
078d89cb
Community Member

Hey Jessamy, i have been a new member to and I notice that it is hard to get support in Upwork - but for you issue, i dont have any answers as well but i would like to know

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Travis, 

Do you need any specific help with your account? You can check out Luiggi's post on this thread for more information on contacting support. 

If you need help with anything specific, let us know, and our team will be happy to help you!

~ Avery
Upwork
LuiggiR

Hi 

A way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team. We do appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure to share it with the team.

Regarding your payment method concern, I've just shared this with the team and a Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
485003da
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you for your answer. I can appreciate that there are far too many users to have an active support line perhaps, but I think it would be good to let users with open support tickets have the option to keep them open -perhaps a message to say the user can reply to keep the ticket open if they are waiting, as I was, but if there is no reply in 24 hours the ticket will be closed. If I had known my ticket was about to close I would have messaged and asked for it to be kept open as I was waiting for the name verification to go through (which takes up to 48 hours) and see if the bank account then worked. I was quite irritated when I clicked on my support ticket this morning and found out it had been closed. 

Just so you know I did try the "get support" button, and it took me in circles. I didn't see any button that mentioned I could contact the support team but I will look for it in future thank you 🙂 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessamy, 

I am not seeing where it was noted that if you missed responding within 24-hours, the ticket would be closed. I can assure you that even if the ticket is closed, you can respond on the same ticket thread, and it will be reopened and go to the team's queue. 

I can see that you were able to respond on the same ticket thread, and the team has continued to assist you. Tickets are addressed by the order they were received. If you don't hear back within 24-hours, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
485003da
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I think I was looking in the wrong place maybe. I was trying to open it through my emails instead of my profile. When I clicked on the email link it returned a message that my ticket had been closed.

I will try going through my profile first if I have any future issues! 

Thank you! 

078d89cb
Community Member

Thanks - I thought the bot in the Get Support is very persistent and the bot gives me a generic answer which is a bit disheartening as a lot of the sentiments have an emotional weight. I think it is nice to have a bot but also, this kind of loop will do wonders

This is my message to the bot which in return, replied a very generic answer

My balance is still 0 despite viewing the transaction history saying I should have the funds by March 16. It is March 16 now in Australia and when I visit the Get Paid section, the button is still unclickable and the balance is 0 which is disheartening. Can you guide me, maybe I am missing something here

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Travis, 

It looks like your earnings have already been processed, and you were able to withdraw them immediately after. 

If you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here or directly to our Customer Support Team. 

Have a great day!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths