🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Types of Contracts Project vs Hourly Cont...
Page options
jctechguy
Community Member

Types of Contracts Project vs Hourly Contracts

Types of Contracts Project vs Hourly Contracts :

Hello I am new to UpWork.

For years haing my own business and as an independant consultant / contractor I typicaly use a project type of agreement for remote or development work vs an hourly agreement.   I did some searching here , however it is unclear to me as to what types of contracts are avaialble on Upwork and how payment / invoicing is handled. Do not see it in FAQ .. etc. Is there a on-boarding document or video ? or ?

Thanks

JohnC

2 REPLIES 2
michael_skaggs
Community Member

prestonhunter
Community Member

John:

You are WAY over-thinking this.

Honestly, one of the reasons why so many of us love using Upwork as freelancers it because it takes care of so much of that stuff... stuff that you are apparently accustomed to doing.

Basically, it's like this:

- I work

- I get paid money

I don't worry about invoicing or how payments are made or contract types or anything like that.

There ARE things you should learn in order to use Upwork successfully. But you don't need to look for things that aren't there. If you want to learn about Upwork, you can learn by doing, or learn by reading. But if you are going to learn by reading, just focus on the available materials, such as the materials Michael referenced. No need to search for things that aren't really a part of using Upwork profitably.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths