🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Typical Capture Rate
Page options
1db7fccf
Community Member

Typical Capture Rate

I have two questions:

Question 1: I have been using upwork for about a month now and have submitted a number of proposals. I am curious, for those of you more experienced upwork freelancers, what is your typical capture rate? In other words, how many proposals do you typically have to submit before you get 1 award? Do you get 1 award for every 30 proposals or 1 award for every 10 or every 5?

2nd question: is there any way to contact the customer and verify that they have received my proposal? I do see the little message from upwork that says "your proposal has been submitted" and this is helpful. But it doesn't really tell me if a person has laid eyes on my proposal. I would like to be able to contact the customer and ask if they had any questions about my proposal. Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may check Hiring Headquarters, there you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork:

If a client only view a proposal a notification won't be sent. If a client responds to your proposal and sends you a message, you'd receive a notification and a message room will be created in Messages. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths