🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » U.S. Bank Direct Deposit Payments and W9 Tax ...
Page options
ls-terra
Community Member

U.S. Bank Direct Deposit Payments and W9 Tax Forms

I'm also new 🙂 and I'd be grateful if anyone knows / can explain to me.  I'm trying to find (1) where does one register a U.S. Bank account for eventual direct deposit payments? and (2) is a W9 tax form required to be filled out too, where can I find that section here on the site?  Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
ls-terra
Community Member

Hello Community!  I'm also new 🙂 and I'd be grateful if anyone knows / can explain to me regarding the following.   I'm trying to find (1) where does one register a U.S. Bank account for eventual direct deposit payments? and (2) is a W9 tax form required to be filled out too, where can I find that section here on the site?

Thanks a lot!  I'll be attending tomorrow's Webinar.

Hi Laila,

All freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form. To provide Upwork with your Form W-9, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Tax Information
  2. Provide us with your:
    • Legal Name – Your own name, or your business name if you're filing as a company entity
    • Address – Where Upwork will mail your Form 1099-K or other tax forms, if necessary
    • Filing Status – Type of IRS tax filing you will use for earnings
    • Taxpayer Identification Number – TIN type and # you will use for your IRS tax filing

Please check this help article for more information. 

As for withdrawing your earnings on Upwork, you can choose from the several options available hereTo set up a Payment Method, please do the following:

1. Go to Settings     Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method and enter the information
  4. Choose a payment schedule and click Next
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths