🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » UPWORK IS FRAUD DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE
Page options
9ea2d523
Community Member

UPWORK IS FRAUD DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE

THIS SITE IS FULL OF **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOMEONE TOOK DATA OF MINE INCLUDING A LONG VOICE RECORD.THE PERSON IS CLAIMING THAT SHE IS WORKING AT LIME AND OFFERING A JOB BUT SINCE SHE GOT ALL MY DATA SHE IS NOT RESPONDING ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL SUE THE **bleep** OUT OF YOU GUYS IF YOU DO NOT MAKE HER DELETE MY INFORMATION AND BAN HER AND WHOEVER STANDS WITH HER OUT OF HERE!!!!

THIS HERE IS A **bleep**ING WASTE OF TIME AND I WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS FOR THAT!

CIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

A G wrote:

THIS SITE IS FULL OF **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOMEONE TOOK DATA OF MINE INCLUDING A LONG VOICE RECORD.THE PERSON IS CLAIMING THAT SHE IS WORKING AT LIME AND OFFERING A JOB BUT SINCE SHE GOT ALL MY DATA SHE IS NOT RESPONDING ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL SUE THE **bleep** OUT OF YOU GUYS IF YOU DO NOT MAKE HER DELETE MY INFORMATION AND BAN HER AND WHOEVER STANDS WITH HER OUT OF HERE!!!!

THIS HERE IS A **bleep**ING WASTE OF TIME AND I WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS FOR THAT!

CIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you often give personal data to complete strangers?  If you had read the guidelines as to how to get started on Upwork, and the "tips to avoid questionable jobs" you could possibly have avoided all this grief. https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

You can still report this "client", and I have also flagged your post so that a mod can help you. However, Upwork is not responsible for your actions and you will have to try for a little damage limitation depending on what sort of data you gave this person. 

ETA: If you see/hear any work on the internet that you have done for this person, then you can ask Google for a takedown. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AG,

I'm sorry about your experience with this client. I already asked our team to reach out to you directly in order to review all the details and take action. Our team will get in touch with you shortly and we'd appreciate if you could provide more information about the incident and evidence if possible.

In the meantime, please make sure to check the thread Nicola shared in her post, especially the Safety First section. As a new freelancer, feel free to post any questions you might have in the Community and experienced users like Nicole (as well as our moderation team) will gladly follow up and advise.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths