🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: URL of another platform
Page options
kushwahapooja
Community Member

URL of another platform

Hi,

I am a Graphics Designer and new to Upwork( my account has been restored after it got suspended 3 years ago). While creating my profile, I came across the 'Portfolio' section where there is a field to provide the URL of the past work to which a design is linked. I have been working on another platform before joining Upwork. Is it ok for me to provide a link from that platform to validate my portfolio item ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Pooja,

You can check this announcement thread for more information about the portfolio templates and chose the one that suits the best your needs.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pooja,

Please note that having a website link with any forms or links that would lead to contacting you isn't allowed under portfolio items. You can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your reply. So can you please suggest me other ways to display my past work without having to paste a link to another website. I am sorry but it is still not clear as to how can I display my designs without providing links because the portfolio section asks for a URL. Since I am new, I have no URLs to display other than that of other platforms. 

Hi Pooja,

You can check this announcement thread for more information about the portfolio templates and chose the one that suits the best your needs.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you again for your help. I just saw that the URL Link is optional. Hence, I will skip it altogether. 

Regards,

Pooja

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths