🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unable to Change my Email Address (email ...
Page options
mmajeed85
Community Member

Unable to Change my Email Address (email address already in use)

Greetings,

I am unable to change my email address it says email address is already in use. 

Please assist me in that.

Thanks,

Muhammad Majid

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I'm unable to locate the email address you were trying to add. Will you please send it to me via  private message so that I can look it up in the system? I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mmajeed85
Community Member

Thanks for your prompe response.

I am unable to access the private messages area (for some reason I don't know as it says that you do not have sufficient privilge to access this or its parent .... ) 

The email address that I am trying to replace is **Edited for Community Guidelines** (i already had an upwork account associated with it but i have closed that account now therefore this email address should be available for me to be replaced with my current account.

Thanks,

re: "i already had an upwork account associated with it but i have closed that account now therefore this email address should be available for me to be replaced with my current account."

You can't do that.

You will need to work with customer support in order to open your old Upwork account and get rid of the new one.

Creating multiple accounts is not allowed, because your profile represents you as a person, and you are only one person. (It is not like closing a Word file and creating a new one because you messed up the margins and can't figure out how to fix them.)

Dear Preston,

I think you did not get my query. I mentioned that I had an old account which was then created with ODesk (which is by the way the same account I am posting this reply). After a long time I tried to login to my account but I failed and couldnt recover my password (as my gmail account was locked out). Therefore, I made a new account on upwork and started using it. Eventually, I didnt couldnt get work and that account got stale too.

As, I managed to resolve my gmail account issue I reset my upwork old account credntails and now I am using this old account. However, before getting into this account, I deleted my new account that was created because of (gmail lockout situation). 

In order to avoid this gmail lockout situation again, I simple need to replace my current email account with microsoft account. 

I hope you got my point now. I do know that I can not have duplicate accounts here on upwork its ethically as well as morally a wrong practise.

Thanks,

Hi Mujammad,

Please use the current email you have for your new account. Your other email is associated already with an old account you previously closed and we can't release that email for the new account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths