🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to Post a new Job. It says I need to v...
Page options
9a51cc87
Community Member

Unable to Post a new Job. It says I need to verify my email address.

I am trying to post a new Job. The system says "Your job has been saved as a draft. Verify your email address to post your job." I have gone to my email address and I do have two emails that says to verify my email. I click on both links and they both take me to the page that I just stated above. 

When I click on the link   Verify your email address it doesn't do anything. The entire page blinks and nothing happens. I don't get a new email or anthing. I have tried this on chrome and IE 11.

I also try to look at my job's in the draft section. I can see the job, but when I click on it, it says Draft not found.

What am I doing wrong?

18 REPLIES 18
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Jarrod. I've asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you and assist you further. An agent from the team will get in touch with you directly via email. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9a51cc87
Community Member

Who ever sent me the e-mail just blew me off. This is what they sent me.

We’re sorry! Your email could not be delivered. Most likely, you replied to a community notification email that doesn’t accept email replies. If you need help, please contact your community team

What is a communit notification email and who or what is my community team. This is a new account.

This is the email that I was sent to verify my email account.

Hi Jarrod, welcome to Upwork!

We're thrilled to have you on board. For full access to 5+ million freelancers ready to tackle your project, please verify your email address below.

The link doesn't do anything.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jarrod, 

I think the first email you received was as email notification that someone responded to your Community post. You may have responded to this email by mistake, which automatically sent the reply you noted.

I've checked your account and can see that the team has reached out to you via this ticket. If you have further questions, you may post it on the same ticket thread so that the Customer Support Team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
2786baa5
Community Member

Hi, I've got the same problem. Could you help me?

Hi Floris, 

One of our team members will reach out directly to you and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same problem. Signed up as a new client, attempted to post a job listing. Post was saved as draft pending email verify. Email will not verify. Job posting is my list but comes up as "draft not saved." 

Saw this was a problem over a month ago. Still not fixed?

Hello Alan,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Mine never got resolved. I was however able to post another job, but the first draft is not accessible.

Hi Jarrod,

I can see that you`ve had a ticket opened about this, please comment back with a screenshot from your end and our team will assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is my original job that is stuck in draft form.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
When I click on it, it says Draft not found. I created a new job and that one went through. I think this was the cause of my original issue.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Jarrod,

I`m sorry about the confusion, I meant comment back on your ticket and our team will investigate this further.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am done playing this circle, When I created the first support ticket they blew me off and told me to contact my community team. The second ticket was ignored. I shouldn't have to keep sending new screen shot of my issue. If the support team has any desire to fix my issue they would have made an attempt by now and not just blew me off.  Fix the issue or not I don't care. I was able to figure out a work around.

Hi Jarrod,

I understand your frustration regarding your issue not yet having been resolved. I did check and can see that it was escalated to our tech team and they are still working to fix this, so your initial ticket is still open and subsequent tickets about the issue will be merged with the first one to keep all the info in one place. I'll follow up with the team handling the initial ticket today and if we need more information from you we'll reach back out directly via the ticket. I apologize for the inconvenience of this but am glad that you have a workaround in the mean time.

~Nina
909502c0
Community Member

Will you please fix the same issue in my account. I am unable to verify my email address and thus unable to post any jobs. Thank you, Tim

Hi Tim,

We checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Please, check your spam and junk folders to make sure it's not being blocked.

~Nina
909502c0
Community Member

I have the same problem. Keeps asking me to verify email address.

52f194b2
Community Member

I am having this same issue and cannot find any way to submit a support ticket.

Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brady,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths