🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to Remove Recent Searches from Find W...
Page options
asimdogar1
Community Member

Unable to Remove Recent Searches from Find Work Panel

Hi,

I'm new here. I searched for projects on based on keywords after searching I saved the search but now I'm unable to remove them/did not find any option to remove Any help?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asim,

Click on a saved search you'd like to remove > click on the three dot icon and there will be an option to remove the topic.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asim,

Click on a saved search you'd like to remove > click on the three dot icon and there will be an option to remove the topic.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

When you click ANY recent search,the 3 dot icon is not present on that page. When it IS available the only options that you see are "RSS,ATOM"

mtngigi
Community Member

Dennis A wrote:

When you click ANY recent search,the 3 dot icon is not present on that page. When it IS available the only options that you see are "RSS,ATOM"

Recent searches can't be deleted, but they are eventually replaced by any searches done afterwards. Eventually all recent searches go away - probably has to do with cookies and cache (not sure though).

Saved Searches can be deleted.

Hello,

there're not the three dots currently...

Hi Sonya,

The three dots Vladimir is referring to at the beginning of this post, are related to searches that have been already saved. If, for example, you click on any of your recent searches, this will take you to a page with the search results in question. You can save said search by clicking the "Save search" button as shown in this screenshot. Once a search is saved, it will show up under "My Feed" and from there you will be able to see the three dots that will allow you to remove that saved search, like in this other example

If you wish to remove the recent searches, you'd have to clear your browser cache and cookies in order to do so. But note that those searches do not affect what you see in your feed unless you actually click on them. I hope this clarifies any doubt and don't hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Perfect, thank you so much for your time 🙂

please what's the new method for 2020

Hi Yusuf,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please clarify your concern?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
omar90420
Community Member

Sorry You Cannot Clear Recent Searches Through any Options in Upwork

The only way I resolved this problem was clearing the cache and cookies from my browser.

You can clear the cache and cookies from your browser by clicking the menu and through history you can clear the cache and cookies.

Make sure you clear all the cache and cookies from the very beginning.

Thanks

Omar Faruque

avirockx007
Community Member

Any old search words shall be removed with new words. The old ones will be deleted when you enter new words.

petushkov-sergey
Community Member

If you need to delete exactly "Recent Searches" - no need to delete all cookies and caches as suggested!

In 2021, recent searches are stored in the "Local Storage" of the browser under the key "JobSearchUI:recentSearches".

In Chrome, you can open the DevTools (press F12), go to the Application tab (may be hidden under ">>" option) and select Local Storage of the "upwork.com" there.

Then, manually or using the Filter, find an entry with the "JobSearchUI: recentSearches" key and delete it via the context menu that opens with the right mouse button.

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 17.23.06.pngNow you can close the DevTools by pressing F12 again and refresh the page - the list of recent searches will be empty.

Very useful indeed! :smileyhappy Smiley Happy

The only solution that actually worked! Thank you so much!!

mayur4448
Community Member

just remove caches and cookies from your browser

1c60de6d
Community Member

Hi guys.

There are two types of searches on Upwork

1st is saved searches, and the 2nd is recent searches

A) If you want to remove the Saved Searces, then Click on a saved search you'd like to remove > click on the three dot icon and there will be an option to remove the topic.

B) And if you want to clear (or just don's see) the Recent Searches below the search bar, there are two ways:

1-) Clear the all browser history including cookies (shortcut is Ctrl+H) and then login Upwork.

2-) Log in to your Upwork accoun in incognito mode (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+N)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths