🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unable to Sign up
Page options
isalcedo84
Community Member

Unable to Sign up

Hello,

My sister used to have an account but she deleted because she didnt know how to work it. I try to recover her account or even sign her up again but i get an error on the first step. What could it be?

7 REPLIES 7
katrinabeaver
Community Member

Number one, you trying to do anything with your sister's account can get you both ban. 

Number two, having more than one account is against ToS.

Your sister needs to handle this through customer service on her own. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

I have my sister right next to me. She cant even go to the help section. We are well aware of the policy we dont want to accounts. We habe different jobs
petra_r
Community Member

@Isabela S wrote:

My sister used to have an account but she deleted because she didnt know how to work it. I try to recover her account or even sign her up again but i get an error on the first step. What could it be?

The only person to do anything with or about your sister's account is your sister. You are not allowed to try to recover someone else's account, let alone sign her up.  Your sister (!NOT YOU!) can contact Support to see if her closed account can be re-opene. She is not allowed to open a new one if she had one previously, and you are not allowed to go anywhere near her account. Your sister has to figure things out herself, it is nothing to do with you.

You need to stay well away from each other's accounts or you'll both end up suspended.

Im not doing anything with her account but she cant even go to the help section. I was just asking what can she do!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabela,

If the owner of closed account needs further assistance, they may directly get in touch with us so that we can assist them further. Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Im aware of that but she cant get to the help page. I dont want to talk about her account but help her to get in touch with support. How can she reach support?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabela,

You can send me a PM (click on my name) with your sister's email address associated with her account. We'll check this and have one of our team members reach out to her directly to assist further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths