🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unable to Upload Profile Picture
Page options
jtieperman
Community Member

Unable to Upload Profile Picture

Good afternoon!

I have been trying to set up an Upwork account; however, whenever I go to upload a profile picture, I receive an error message saying that something went wrong.   I have tried several different pictures on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but none of them have been accepted.  How do I get past this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janice,

I'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with your profile pic.

~Nina

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
sunita98
Community Member

This issue is very Normal. As per Upwork Terms, you can Upload your Own picture minimum 250X250 px.It will work for you.

Thanks
Regards

I have tried uploading my own picture, but it still will not allow me to do so.  Is there an alternate option that I'm missing?

Hi Janice,

Please ensure the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists. Please reach back out if you continue to experience the error after these steps, thanks!

~Nina

Hello!

I have tried the steps you've outlined, and even tried using an image resizer to make sure that my photo met the qualifications; however, nothing seems to be working, and I keep getting the same error message.  What should I do?

Hi Janice,

I'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with your profile pic.

~Nina
cnvg
Community Member

Hey!

I am still not able to upload my profile, can you please help me ? I am also attaching screenshot of my error facing picture.

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cnvg,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Good Afternoon,

I've been trying to upload a profile picture with no success.   I have resized the image and saved to the specifications. I have cleared the cache and tried multiple browsers.  I either get an error with no error code or a spinning screen that will never complete.  

Could someone please review my account and get back to me with how to resolve it. 

Seamas

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seamas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d90719bd
Community Member

I can't upload profile picture error . Something went wrong etc.
I have try everything but can't

Hi Muhammad Shoaib,

Could you please try using a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
aaf53cb3
Community Member

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olawale,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ba8c85d1
Community Member

Hi. I'm having the same issue. My profile picture was saved into my account, but it is not visible. I can only see it when I go to 'settings'.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ighal,

You will need to add your photo under the section "Company details" so that your photo is visible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

Please i'll also need some help with this same issue. For som unknown reason i am unable to save a new profile picture.

Hi Odafe,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
sk0116
Community Member

Hi 

I have been trying to upload my picture and tried all possible way to do it but seems like nothing working.

Can someone please help?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sweta,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the full text of the error with me here. I would also recommend to try and log in from another device and upload your photo. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same problem annd am having trouble contacting somewone. Can your team reach out to me as well please?

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evan, 

Could you please confirm if the issue persists if you try clearing your cookies or using a different browser? Could you also please confirm the error that you are getting when you try to upload a profile picture?

~ Avery
Upwork

This is the error message I keep getting: We have detected some problems with your uploaded portrait image:

• We weren’t able to detect your face. Please use a photo where your face is the main focus. When in doubt, use a photo that you would use for your passport.
  • Upload a photo where you're facing the camera and your face is clearly visible. When in doubt, use a photo that you would use for your passport.

Please consider uploading a more appropriate portrait image.

I've tried all kinds of pictures and have consequently resized to 250x250 but all efforts have proved abortive. 

Hi Chukwualuka, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you in uploading your profile photo. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issues as him. Can you please help

Hi Tolulope,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I have this same issue too. I have been trying for hours to upload a profile picture. Tried Chrome and Mozilla but I got the same result. I even cleared my cache, cookies and browser history but still got nothing.

I only managed to do it from a borrowed Apple device (iPad)

Idk wth's up with that
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emeka,

I see you have a profile photo now. Are you still in need of assistance?

Cheers,
Mike

Hy
I've been unable to upload my profile photo. Tried with different pictures. I need help please

I'm also having issues uploading a photo to my profile.  If you could assist me, I'd appreciate it very much.  

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Edward,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same problem. I tried to upload the profile picture multiple time but getting the same error again and again. 

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders? If it meets those requirements and you still can’t upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I am having the same issues as described and have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. I even tried downloading the mobile app to try and upload my picture there but it doesn't seem to be build out yet. Please have a team member reach out to me as well to assist. Thank you!

Hi Hannah,

Could you please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I dont know if the word 'solved' means something else to upwork but i see countless messages of people who cannot upload a profile picture only one suggestion of caches/cookies/change browser but not one single person saying 'this was the solution'. Is there a solution and if Upwork want to contact me and fix it, don't you think that solution should then be posted!  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

It looks like you were able to upload your profile photo. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Firstly, adding to this conversation is not clear, i don't want to 'reply' i want to say that i have the same problem. So no idea if this is going to go to th eright place. Perfectly decent picture, clear cache clear cookies, tried multiple browsers and yet still im told to 'please upload a more appropriate image' what!???

Sorry, but I am also not able to update my profile picture on upwork. I tried many times, even with different browsers, but this feature is not working. My pic satisfies all the above-mentioned criteria.

Regards

Sparsh

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths