🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unable to Upload Profile Picture
Page options
jtieperman
Community Member

Unable to Upload Profile Picture

Good afternoon!

I have been trying to set up an Upwork account; however, whenever I go to upload a profile picture, I receive an error message saying that something went wrong.   I have tried several different pictures on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but none of them have been accepted.  How do I get past this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janice,

I'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with your profile pic.

~Nina

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88

Hi Sparsh,

I checked and it seems that you already updated your profile picture. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please also help me regarding this problem. I am also facing this kind of problem. Thank you.

Hi Kristian,

I check and it looks like you were able to upload your profile picture successfully. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

hello,

i have been trying to upload a profile picture. It seems to have met the requirements, however I am still unable to do the needful.

Could you please assist?

Hi Diksha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue still persists? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Nina, I am facing a similar issue. There is some problem with the function that runs to validate the profile image. Kindly assist me in this case. I am attaching the screenshot below.

Hi Asad,

I noticed you're wearing what seems to be sunglasses in the photo you're trying to upload. Could you please try uploading a photo where your face is clearly visible? 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having this same issue.  I have uploaded 8 different "passport" photos and cannot get the platform to accept my picture.  Is there anyone that can reach out to me to assist?

Hello Adam,

Please read this help article to know more about how to upload a profile photo.

Thank you.

Untitled

Hello, i'm experiencing the same issue - I keep getting the error message and being told to reduce the size of my phone to 250 x 250, I have done this but it still won't upload. Is it possible for someone to contact me? Thanks. 

Hi Carrie, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with uploading your profile picture.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have same problem - im sure its less than 250x250. Can someone reach to me and help with upload company logo.

Hi Tobias,

Yes, one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, i am also unable to upload my photo, may i have help aswell?

Hi Jennifer,

It is very likely that this issue persists because the size of the photo is not right. Can you try other sizes of the photo or a different photo instead? Could you please confirm if this is the case? Also please try to use a different browser or device and clear your cache. If the issue persist, please let me know immediately so we can get our team to assist your further. 

~ Riri

When selecting a .jpg file for my profile picture, it says "Cant upload image" at the top, then below "Only images can be selected"

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for letting me know and trying to troubleshoot it. I've reached out to our team for you. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

thanks
ahmed_el-shaer
Community Member

I have been trying to create an upwork account lately but it won't let me put the profile pic plz i need help quickly

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander! Could you assist me with the same issue?

I am unable to submit my application. Thank you

Hi Terry,

I'll be more than happy to help! I escalated your request to the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket arrived in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mairaashfaq
Community Member

same issue with my account. Its also not allowin me to upload my education details. scroll bar is not working. What should I do?

Hi Maira,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
priyanpl
Community Member

Hi , I too have the same problem. Whenever I try to upload a picture it says something went wrong. Please help!

Hi Priya,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Good afternoon!

I've gone through the solutions offered involving clearing my cookies and cache, as well as using a different browser, however I am still unable to upload my profile picture. I've attached my headshot as well. Is there another solution?

Thank you,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Could you please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same trouble, website not accepting my profile pic.  I've tried all the tips in this message, resizing, etc.  I'm using the same profile pic as my LinkedIn.  What is best way to resolve the issue, have someone from Upwork load my photo?  Thank you for the assistance.

Bojan was able to help me out with his advice. I used Photoshop to up the DPI to 250x250 and I squared my picture to eliminate the empty space on the sides so it was just my head and my shoulders, and it was able to save.

Please help me with uploading my profile picture as well i have already tried the steps found on this thread but to no avail thank you

Hi Randel,

Could you please confirm what type of browser you`re using? Please try using Chrome or Firefox to upload your image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I was using chrome and firefox, but after my 30th try it worked and my profile is submitted for approval. Thank you for the quick reply.

Same issue.

Tried PC Firefox, Android Chrome, Android Samsung browser.... nope.

And it won't let me proceed.

Hi Andrei,

Is there an error when you try to upload the image? Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies. 

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

No error just forever loading. Two different devices tried.

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Still not working

Tried multiple devices.

Support ticket got timed out i think? Can you guys just manually add it on your end?

Ive already tried all the advice, trird using different browsers, cropping, resizing, different devices (Windows PC, Android phone), etc

Just shows the forever loading animation

Hi Andrei,

I'm sorry to hear that you still have not had success. Your support ticket is still open and they will respond to you as soon as possible. We are not able to add the photo for you.

Thanks,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

Hi

I am facing the same issue and I have tried all the steps mentioned in the previous message. I even tried uploading the current profile picture that I have now and it showed the same error. Can you please change my profile picture as well please?

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths